Finance Analyst, Accounts Payable at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Analyst, Accounts Payable
Reference ID: R132928
What is the Role?
- The Analyst Accounts Payable & Indirect Taxes is accountable for Vendor Master Data Maintenance for all Shell Companies in Nigeria.
- Ensuring the implementation of all approved Master Reference Data updates in the ERP System.
- Create Vendor Master Data for all New vendor categories.
- Advice rules on Bank details Set up for vendors in relation to country of domiciliation and Update Same for New and Existing vendors in the Vendor Master Data.
- Block Non-Compliant Vendors and Unblock vendors whose noncompliance have been remediated
- Ensure Compliance to Boundary conditions for Contractor Entries and Implement remediation process
- Quarterly Controls Reporting for the Shell Community Trust Support to access compliance to controls in each process-From vendor creation to Payment
- Act as Focal for all staff related enquiries on Financial Invoices, Account set up, Allowances, and any other Issues related to staff payments outside payroll
- Manage all Teams work instructions and provide regular updates where necessary
- Liaise with SEPRA for Monthly Service entries Creation for payment of Contract staff Salaries
- Response to any Investigation or enquiry in any of the AP Process
- Quarterly Controls Reporting for Account Payables-To Access compliance to controls in Vendor Maintenance, Indirect Tax, Invoice Processing, and Duplicate Invoice Controls.
- Monthly AP Performance Tracker Reporting to assess each team member’s Level of achievement to set KPI’s in all teams in AP (Vendor relations, Vendor maintenance, Invoice Processing, Intra group, Indirect Taxes and Duplicate invoices check)
- Propose and Implement Control measures where there are areas of deviations from the KPIs in any of the Teams.
- Quarterly Controls reporting for the Nigerian Content Development Levy to assess level of compliance to the Act on all invoices paid for the quarter.
- AP Focal for the Current Group Audit of all payments from 2018 -2021 to assess level of compliance to NCDF Act and determine relevant exposure if any
- Manage all Sharepoint sites in AP and Act as a focal for all SharePoint related issues in AP
- Investigate causes of failed payments and engage the relevant parties for remediation.
- Any other duty that may be Assigned from time to time
What we need from you?
- An Accountant with at least 2 years of post-graduation experience or fresh graduate with ACCA/ACA or CIMA certificate
- Working knowledge of SAP
- A good understanding of the Tax geographies and practice in Nigeria
- Good understanding of the Accounts Payable processes, associated risks and controls
- Good stakeholder Engagement skills, as interface with different teams is embedded in this role in various organizations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer relationship and communication skills
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Proven track record of delivery/performance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment.
- Shell does not make use of employment forms; neither does the Company process CVs that have not been submitted through the proper websites. All successful applicants who receive an offer of employment from Shell would have been required to go through a formal and transparent recruitment process.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.