General Manager at Sambus Geospatial Nigeria Limited
Sambus Geospatial Limited is a seasoned geospatial intelligence company with over 30 years of professional service experience in the industry. We are the official distributor for ESRI and Harris Geospatial, authorized dealer for Trimble and Wingtra drone in Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, Gambia, Gabon, Sierra Leone, and Equatorial Guinea where we offer expertise in the deployment of geospatial solutions across many industries.
Our vision is to be the preferred geospatial innovator in West Africa while our mission is to be the distinguished organization in applying and advancing geospatial knowledge and technology for effective planning, management, operations, and enhanced decision-making in West Africa. Sambus leads the market in West Africa as the geospatial solution provider, accounting for over 90% of GIS software sales.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The General Manager (GM) is to oversee the entire business operations of the national office and coordinate the efforts of the various unit heads towards achieving the company's vision and strategic objectives. The GM is responsible for coordinating and leading the day-to-day operations of the business to achieve short-term targets without sacrificing future growth and development of the business.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Strategic planning: Plan business operations and overall business strategy for the coming year (business year starts in August) by liaising with both the corporate management team/head office and the staff to develop annual business-level strategies and supervise its implementation towards achieving performance targets.
- Target setting and KPI development: Conduct general meetings with staff at the start of the year to communicate strategy, performance targets and each unit's KPIs.
- Coordination, leadership and coaching: Lead the entire business operations by coordinating the unit managers' efforts through periodic internal meetings (i.e. weekly), periodic operational reporting (i.e. weekly) and performance coaching. To ensure all departments are consistently hitting a minimum 80% on department KPI target.
- Innovation and business sustainability: Scan the macro environment and GIS industry to identify strategic opportunities and threats that could impact Sambus and work with the corporate management team/head office to respond to them.
- Performance measurement: Undertake periodic review meetings (i.e. monthly and quarterly) to analyze the business operations, compare them to targeted objectives with actual performance and ensure that measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory variances.
- Performance reporting: Liaise with unit managers to compile periodic performance reports for the corporate management team/head office on KPIs, strategy implementation and business goals.
- Ensure the company is hitting the targetted profitability margins and operational benchmarks stipulated in the company's strategic plans.
- Represent the company in the host country and manage relationships with all OEM/franchises.
- Work with the HR and Finance & Operations team to oversee staffs remuneration and incentive administration
- Work with HR to implement the talent acquisition and staff development in Sambus.
- Solely approve all pricing of products that go out to customers (with room to give up to a 5% discount).
- Signage of official documents and authenticating financial and accounting transactions within transactions approved by corporate management/head office
- Develop key partnerships and strategic alliances with both organizations and individuals to help further the competitive advantage of Sambus.
- Hold monthly update meetings with Esri Dubai
- Strategize with and manage all critical Business Partners in the host country and supervise BDM relationship with Business Partners and Resellers.
- Hold monthly update meetings with Ghassan Schbley and Matthew Pennells (Esri Dubai).
- Undertake high-level business development activities and develop key industry relations with product champions to boost/improve the revenue pipeline of the business.
- Work with the HR team and unit heads to develop the human capital of Sambus
- Analyse all training needs and requirements of OEMs and implement strategies to ensure their completion.
- Minimum of University's Bachelor's Degree and a professional/technical qualification in the area of expertise. Masters' in Business Administration will be an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in general management or a similar senior managerial role in a corporate setting preferred. Proficiency in French will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, lead and influence, and effectively achieve results through people at all levels of the organization
- Experience in GIS industry essential
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Experience developing and/or contributing to strategy development and execution.
- High-level networking and stakeholder management experience
N350,000 - N500,000 monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 30th June, 2023.