Global Security Area Manager at Meta Nigeria (Formerly Facebook Nigeria)
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Security Area Manager
- The Global Security Area Manager (GSAM), will report to the Facebook Global Security Services Manager (GSSM), and have responsibility for all matters pertaining to the security & safety of West Africa offices.
- The ideal candidate will manage the security and reception contracts, monitor the security environment, prepare for and respond to incidents, conduct investigations, manage and coordinate special events and ensure a safe working environment for all staff and visitors.
- Other duties include supporting initiatives to strengthen external partnerships with local law enforcement agencies, third party vendors and community organisations.
The GSAM will lead daily security operations across West Africa and ensure strong vendor performance, ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed priorities, time limitations, and financial constraints and reduce risks to staff, assets and operations.
- Under the guidance of the GSSM, the GSAM will partner with peer groups to ensure alignment with Facebook’s culture, values, and policies.
- Management of GSS teams including 24/7 security services for routine operations and internal and external events, and a reception team.
- Coordination, planning, and communication of the security team.
- Assist in the implementation of security audits to identify areas for improvement.
- Work with other G’s to improve security policies, standards, and practices and build a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors.
- Collaborate with key partners to build innovative and creative security strategies.
- Ensure compliance with Global Standards and Global Programs.
- Maintain relationships with local law enforcement, landlords and others in support of Facebook security initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of security aspects of incident and emergency response, evacuation training, and contingency planning.
- Collaborate internally and externally to execute goals and objectives.
- Handle client issues and concerns and escalate where needed.
- Assist with security and safety awareness training programs.
- Provide detailed, accurate and timely reports to the GSSM.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 5+ years’ experience leading physical security teams or mission critical operations teams at a Global high-tech company where 24/7 availability is required.
- Experience in Law Enforcement, Military or corporate security.
- Experience leading and managing security teams.
- Ability to work independently without constant guidance.
- Able to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Emergency management, critical incident stress management, risk management and business resilience experience.
- Understanding of physical security design specifications and standards.
- Management experience of vendors executing specialized security services.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Planning, organizational, and motivational skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to [email protected]