Graduate Product Marketing Manager at Canonical
Canonical - We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means 'humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world's biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world's most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation - Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it's the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Product Marketing Manager
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Canonical is looking for a Graduate Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for developing marketing strategy and go to market plans at a global level for a diverse range of products to support our growth strategy.
- This is a hands-on, multi-disciplinary and dynamic position, requiring close collaboration with the Product and engineering teams, content team, Sales Teams, as well as other Marketing functions.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, technology marketing and the use of technology in marketing.
- They prefer to work in an environment that emphasises ownership of campaigns, collaboration, learning, curiosity and a drive to continually improve oneself / the team / the organisation.
- They love to problem solve, get hands-on, experiment, measure and use automation to make daily life easier.
What your day will look like
- Be responsible for go-to-market planning and execution for a range of products - Cloud, IoT, Applications, Ubuntu, Security
- Lead on content dissemination planning, campaign development and planning for planning product launches.
- You will lead on the development of compelling messaging and positioning that emphasizes business value and connects with target audiences throughout the buying journey
- Conceiving and executing customer base communications and marketing programs to upsell and cross sell into our large base of customers
- Collaborating with demand generation teams, utilizing data and insights to create and improve strategies that drive traffic to our content, optimizing marketing funnels
- Work with other teams to plan event, webinars and support paid and social media promotion
- Create and publish content (online and print) in line with marketing plans to deliver on campaigns
- Monitoring the competitive landscape to define product positioning that differentiates.
What we are looking for in you
- Passion for technology and some exposure to one of the areas Canonical covers: Cloud, IoT, Ubuntu, Security, Applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong content marketer
- Proven ability to prioritize and differentiate what matters from the noise, meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Growth mindset - someone who is not afraid to think big and take on risk.
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, and action plans
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and aptitude for forging trusting relationships across diverse, cross-functional teams
- Conversant in go-to-market strategies and methodologies
- Skilled in leading presentations and discussions with industry analysts, business, technical, and sales stakeholders
What we offer you
Your base pay will depend on various factors including your geographical location, level of experience, knowledge and skills. In addition to the benefits above, certain roles are also eligible for additional benefits and rewards including annual bonuses and sales incentives based on revenue or utilisation. Our compensation philosophy is to ensure equity right across our global workforce.
In addition to a competitive base pay, we provide all team members with additional benefits, which reflect our values and ideals. Please note that additional benefits may apply depending on the work location and, for more information on these, please ask your Talent Partner.
- Fully remote working environment - we’ve been working remotely since 2004!
- Personal learning and development budget of 2,000USD per annum
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual holiday leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to travel to new locations to meet colleagues at ‘sprints’
- Priority Pass for travel and travel upgrades for long haul company events.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply