Group Finance and Treasury Manager at uLesson Education Limited
At uLesson, we are building an app to help African students be the absolute best they can be. Our team of talented people is passionate about media, technology, education, and the African continent. Together, we seek to build a learning experience unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness. Our company is built by successful and experienced entrepreneurs who founded businesses such as Konga.com and E-Motion Advertising.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Finance and Treasury Manager
Location: Nigeria (On-site)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the organization’s international businesses and ensure growth, profitability and return on investment on businesses’ activities.
- Provide oversight on the implementation of finance strategy, corporate and regulatory policies in relation to Accounting, Tax, Financial Management and ensure internal controls are adhered to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
- Provide assistance in drafting and monitoring monthly cash payable and receivable forecasts to establish trends and to ensure that the Company’s spend costs are in line - whilst adhering to a minimum liquidity level.}
- Review and report company cash flow on immediate, short term and long-term funding requirements in line with policies and investigate differences between expected and actual payments and receipts.
- Provide timely, accurate financial reports and information based on historic, budgetary and forecasted analysis to internal and external stake holders.
- Ensure foreign tax compliance on international transactions.
- Ensure maximization on returns from surplus cash at bank.
- Oversee foreign currency payments.
- Monitor and manage the Company’s banking relationships.
- Oversee international tax management and compliance in line with relevant regulations of various business jurisdictions.
- Responsibility for non-IT business continuity and maintenance of operational efficiency across multiple countries.
- Evaluate the fiscal decisions of the organization and provide financially viable recommendations.
- Prepare and disseminate regularly scheduled financial statements, and reports of international businesses.
- Assess risks around cash management (inclusive of foreign currency) and processes, procure to pay, and order to cash processes. Develop and implement processes to mitigate such risk and optimize efficiency.
- Develop and implement processes and policies for banking and treasury tasks, and ensure compliance with them.
- Manage operational capital requirements per business units while optimizing gross debt levels and minimizing borrowing costs. Ensure compliance to debt covenants.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess a Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent course.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years work experience in operations and financial management, financial & corporate reporting, regulatory compliance and treasury management.
- Proven self-starter with a penchant for problem-solving with a structured approach to drafting and implementing solutions to these problems.
- Must possess strong leadership skills to supervise, guide and engage junior team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well within teams and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess one or more of the following professional certifications; ACA, ACCA, CFA, CIMA.
- Must possess an implementation-oriented mindset to achieve high performance and achievement.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- High level understanding of tax issues in African and international markets in relation to treasury activities.
Salary is competitive (N4,800,000 - N8,400,000 monthly).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply