Head, Digital Marketing at PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc
PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world's best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Digital Marketing
Job Requisition ID: JR000421
Location: Head Office, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Reports To: Marketing Director-HC
- To drive Brand reach and penetration utilising knowledge of the digital world to activate the most appropriate digital marketing initiatives for each brand.
- To define the digital experience of a consumer ensuring this communicates the brand vision and any specific campaign messages. Utilise a thorough understanding of digital trends, the digital landscape and web analytics to develop digital strategies and measure their success.
- To work closely with the global digital team helping to ensure that digital activation aligns with group guidance on digital marketing strategy and technology standards.
- Provide a local market or regional expertise that will understand the local digital landscape plus provide appropriate education and support to the wider marketing team. The role will focus on integrating a digital thought process and highlighting opportunities into the general marketing strategy.
Significant Relationships (Internal & external):
- Regional Marketing team
- Brand Activation team
- Cross-functional teams from Finance, Commercial, Supply Chain, HR, NPD, Consumer Insight
- Advertising agencies & Service providers.
- Turnover of unit
- Budget responsibility
- Team Size
- To act as an effective team member within the country/regional Marketing team
- Understand the Brand and Digital strategy set at a Category level to ensure this direction influences local activation.
- Gain a clear understanding of brand strategy/objectives and plan how these can be transferred into the digital experience of a consumer.
- Manage the Brand stakeholders with regular updates of plans and progress against the digital brand strategy
- To work closely with the Brand teams to build a clear understanding of the needs and wants of existing and prospective consumers
- To work closely with the Brand teams to support the development of content suitable for communication through digital media.
- To fully understand the local Digital Landscape and from this highlight the greatest opportunities for digital communications in the market/region.
- Work closely with the Group Digital Marketing and Solutions teams to ensure that local initiatives are understood and there is an agreed program of work between the local and group teams.
- Contribute to the User testing and approval of the delivered solutions, ensuring that it fulfils the business requirements
- Manage the end to end delivery of identified initiatives where required
- To operate as an ambassador for Digital Marketing across the business.
- To develop, mentor and where appropriate manage more junior members of the team.
- Analysis and interpretation of marketing data (customer data/online performance/web analytics) to understand any current activity and identify where the experience can be optimized.
- Measure and interpret the performance impact of the delivered initiatives with reference to the agreed KPI’s
- Create a clear view of industry best practice, with reference to latest websites, digital trends and emerging technologies
- Use this data, customer and industry insights and turn them in actionable initiatives that will deliver a step change in the digital consumer experience, including Search, eCRM, Digital Marketing, Social Media and onsite.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Select and manage external agencies
- Internally network effectively with category and digital managers from the group function.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed
- Possess a Degree level or equivalent in a Marketing related topic ideally with an Online or Digital element.
- Demonstrate strong experience in online usability and/or brand proposition development
- Proven understanding of designing and optimizing online consumer journeys
- Superb communication skills. Ability to create successful relationships across the internal business and with external partners ideally with experience across a global organization.
- A real team player who is able to negotiate and broker a successful consensus via highly developed influencing skills.
- Ability to investigate new digital marketing channels and propose the strategy for integration into the Digital Marketing mix.
- Experience of turning consumer data and insights into actionable plans and strategies
- Experience of using web analytics (e.g. Core metrics, Google analytics)
- Knowledge of the latest in digital marketing trends and a thorough understanding of the digital landscape (Website, Social, Digital Marketing, Search and Mobile)
- Proven Planning and Project management skills.
- Superb decision making skills based on sound commercial judgment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply