Head, Human Capital in a Travel and Tourism Company
HRbreakoutRoom - Our client, a Travel and Tourism Company is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Human Capital
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Industry: Travel and Tourism
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of Human resources practice and processes and ensures the proper implementation of the company’s strategy and objectives.
- He/she is responsible for promoting corporate values and culture and enabling success through job design, recruitment, performance management, training and development, employee relations and talent management
- Design, direct and manage the company’s wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as personnel forecasting, workforce development, employee retention, organization design, and welfare and compensation benefits.
- Establish and implement standard recruiting and hiring practice; ensure the recruitment of superior workforce across the company within a specified time frame; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Review and Lead the implementation of Performance Management System by carrying out periodic performance appraisal and employee development programs; give recommendations as required
- Minimize risk and protect the interest of employees and the company in accordance with the company’s Human Resource Policies and government laws and regulations
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures; developing and reviewing policies that will guide the company’s overall operation activities
- Manage the process of organizational planning that evaluates the company’s structure, job design and personnel
- Supervise all personnel and activities in the HR unit
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Develop and monitor annual budget with respect to training programs, staff welfares’, benefit administration, employee recognition and company’s philanthropic giving in line with the company’s financials
- Promote effective communication amongst staff and within the Group
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements for all positions to meet the requirement of the unit and achieve the objective of the organization
- Establish an employee training system/program that addresses the training needs of all staff; conducting orientations, facilitate in house and external trainings as at when required that will improve staff productivity.
- Develop, review policies that will promote best practices and behavior among employees and enhance employee’s productivity; hearing and resolving employee grievances, counseling employees and supervisors and ensure strict adherence to the company’s code of conduct
- Monitor and enforce the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee satisfactions; Carry out periodic surveys to improve method and stay up to date with information and best practices in Human Resources Management
- Maintain employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit programs
- Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions; monitor all pay practices for effectiveness and cost containment
- Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with a minimum of 5 years experience of working in a generalist HR environment. Further HR certifications would be a plus
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
N300,000 - N500,000 monthly
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 26th July, 2021.