Head, Human Resources at Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS) is the main funding arm of the Ekiti State Government charged with the responsibility of collecting taxes and other revenues. The State’s Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) has massively increased as a result of strategies implemented and programs pioneered by EKIRS. This, in great measure, has positively impacted revenue generation and collection.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Human Resources
Location: Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, integrated, and effective human resource management framework (systems, policies, and procedures) covering Organisation Design, Talent Management, Performance Management, Rewards Strategy, and Employee Relations.
- Facilitate the development of an ideal organisational culture and system of values within the Revenue
- Ensure the Revenue is able to retain its best staff, who deliver against set goals and objectives.
- Identify and implement specific human capital improvement initiatives required to support the long-term growth and stability of the Revenue.
Organisation Design (OD):
- Serve as custodian of the approved organizational charts and manage the process for organisation re- structure and job design across business units
- Determine the organisation’s manning requirements and ensure efficient allocation of manpower for organisational effectiveness
- Ensure all key processes within the unit are properly documented, key risk areas identified and mitigating controls are put in place and constantly monitored
- Develop OD solutions and provide advisory support to management regarding organisational effectiveness
Performance & Talent Management:
- Oversee the recruitment life cycle including sourcing, screening, interviewing, selecting, placement, and confirmation of all new hires.
- Oversee the performance management process across the Revenue
- Ensure documentation of key performance metrics across departments in line with the overall objectives of the Revenue
- Ensure periodic performance reviews and support line management in addressing performance shortfalls.
- Ensure timely and adequate orientation, induction, and on-boarding of new employees
- Prepare recruitment reports as requested and maintain a resume and requisition tracking system.
- Track employee competency levels and ensure adequate and effective learning and development programs are in place to provide staff with the competencies required for their current and future planned roles
Employee Relations, Welfare & Rewards:
- Review the Revenue’s work practices and/or conditions of employment, ensuring best practices and compliance with relevant labour laws.
- Develop a reward strategy that supports the Revenue’s objectives, drives and rewards performance, and creates value for all stakeholders
- Periodically review the businesses environment and reward practices that promote the organisational culture
- Provide monthly payroll advice and supervision; ensure salaries are duly paid and statutory deductions are remitted as at when due.
- Establish a relationship of trust and understanding with managers and employees. Investigate, manage and resolve employee relation issues including disciplinary and grievance matters
- Design, plan and coordinate employee welfare programmes – Health Management Schemes, Group Life Assurance, catering, safety measures etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- A post-graduate qualification in a related discipline and/ or certification from a recognized HR body such as CIPD/SHRM/CIPM
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in an HR environment with at least 3 of these in a supervisory role Knowledge of labour laws
- People Management, Change Management, HR Operations, Negotiation skills, Vendor Management, Organisation Development, Talent Management, Performance Management, Resource Management, Strategic Thinking.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should their updated CV and Application Letter with a heading indicating the job being applied for to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The Revenue is looking to engage highly motivated and goal-oriented staff who meet the criteria as stated in the job descriptions attached.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview(s) which may be virtual or physical, towards making a final selection
Application Deadline 24th June, 2022.