Head, Legal at Guaranty Trust Holding Company (GTCO)
Guaranty Trust Holding Company (Formerly Guaranty Trust Bank Plc) is a multinational financial institution that provides individuals, businesses, private and public institutions across Africa and the United Kingdom with a broad range of market-leading financial products and services. Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria and with subsidiaries in Cote D'Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Sierra Leone and the United Kingdom, the Bank currently employs over 12,000 professionals and has Total assets and Shareholders’ Funds of N4.057trillion and N661.1Billion respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Legal
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
- The Head of Legal is responsible for leading the legal department and providing strategic advice and leadership to the organization.
- S/He is also responsible for implementing programs and procedures designed to reinforce the company's culture of integrity and ethical behavior.
- Provision of strategic guidance for the legal team as well as business units
- Work with departmental leadership across the business in identifying, analysing and managing potential legal risk.
- Work with departmental leadership and key stakeholders across the business to oversee and ensure legal compliance across the business, maintaining the business’s integrity both internally and externally (reputational risk).
- Supervise the drafting of sensitive and high-value legal documentation necessary for business operations
- Review and provide advice to the business upon request on matters concerning applicable contracts required for operation of the business
- Instruct and assist external legal partners where necessary to identify potential legal risks and assess issues impacting legal risk and ensures all business management approach are viable
- Keeping the senior management in all departments of the business informed of developments in laws and regulations that potentially affect the business
- Ensure that efficient systems are in place relating to compliance of high impact policies
Skills and Knowledge required for the Job
- Minimum of First Degree in Law (LLB) is required.
- Barrister of Law (BL).
- Master's in Law (LLM) is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience of which 8 years have been in financial services (preferably a PFA) and 4 years in senior management
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and general computer use.
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in a high-pressure work environment.
- Relevant professional certifications are an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd May, 2022.