Head of Delivery Experience at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Delivery Experience
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The Head of Delivery Experience will engage in a fully end to end perspective into the business of Jumia E-commerce and Jumia Services, and will be in charge of running and improving Jumia’s full logistics set-up for delivery associates, and as well as enhancing the customer and vendor experience.
Delivery Associates Development:
- Do qualitative and quantitative research on the training needs of DA team
- Develop and improve content material for driver training
- To prepare and evaluate the progress of DAs at an individual level
- Ensuring that all assigned vehicles are properly maintained, which includes routine maintenance and vehicle cleanliness.
- Manage vehicle maintenance expenses to limit cost.
- Design and conduct trainings
- Conduct role plays and focused group discussions with DAs
- Control and monitor driver-customer communication in line with customer Journey to ensure good customer experience.
- Implement the Delivery portion of “customer journey” in tandem with Jumia E-commerce - COO
- Contribute in process and planning with a focus on DA needs and customer experience
- Monitor competitor’s delivery offerings and ensure Jumia delivery options are competitive and compelling.
- Regular and consistent feedback activities / mechanisms to ascertain the service levels of DA agenciesand encourage improvements.
Delivery Associate Engagement:
- Coach, lead and develop drivers to support the delivery team and improve productivity on gate to gate basis.
- Build robust and scalable hiring methodology for DAs.
- Managing and sustaining engagement on the DA community and foster it to sustain at scale
- Tracking and administration of any incentive programs to create excitement
- Enhance road safety and risk mitigation aspects of the DAs’ daily work life
- Roll out various community initiatives for DAs -- Micro financing, Celebrations - Birthdays; Family engagements; Contests, Brand building , etc.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University; Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain
- 7 years minimum experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatives supply chain
- Clear understanding of Transportation Logistics network management, Retail or Customer Service processes and priorities
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred. Excel skills required
- Experience in strategy and complex network management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite– Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High analytical skills
- IT savvy
- Conflict management
- Flexible to work with people from different backgrounds
- Team player and flexible to rapidly changing work schedules
- Excellent team management and coaching skills
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply