Head of Security / Chief Security Officer at Precious Palm Royal Hotel
Precious Palm Royal Hotel is a sensational resort strategically located in a serene and cozy and Transport, Headquarters, Lagos – Benin Expressway. Isiohor, Ugbowo environment; and shares a common boundary with the Nigerian Army School of Supply, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Security / Chief Security Officer
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and coordinate the activities of all security personnel.
- Ensure that all security staff provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Ensure the safety and security of guest, staff, visitors and contractors at all times.
- Conduct investigations and compile reports on a timely manner for any theft, loss, accidents or any aspect that risk the safety of the hotel.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Develops and maintains a monthly checklist for all CCTV equipment, alarmed doors, and panic / duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
- Conduct regular mock fire evacuation drill as per emergencies
- Develop and advise key personnel of emergency procedures.
- Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
- Establish crisis management and contingency planning.
- Conduct regular walk through rounds for observing the entire company surrounding.
- Supervision of all Security Personnel and giving clear direction on all security related aspects.
- Perform all tasks consistently in line with standards and adhere to all legal and statutory requirements.
- Monitor movement of guest within the premises
- Participate in checking goods into the store and ensure they sign appropriate column.
- Prepare daily report on security matters and suggest to management corrective measures.
- Ward off intruders or undesirable elements from the hotel premises and its environs.
- Liaise with other security agents as need arises.
- Liaise with all department heads to ensure employees are adhering to established security procedures.
- Record and notify all risks, deviations from safety standards and any untoward incidents.
- Oversee first aid program for guests and employees.
- Oversee the claims process and protects company assets
- Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting or loitering around the hotel public or guest areas.
- Follow up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well-being of guests and employees.
- Ensure compliance with all security standards and preventative measures.
- Direct guest coming to make inquires to the appropriate authority.
- Ensure search of all in-coming and out- going vehicles
- Conduct proper search on contractors
- Ensure vehicles are parked in an orderly manner
- Conduct proper search of staff coming-in and going-out at all times and ensure proper documentation of staff valuables
- Prevention of fire out break and fire -fighting.
- Ensure the safety of lives, hotel property and facilitation at all times.
- Maintain a register of all goods and equipment coming into and going out of the company.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time
- Interested candidates should possess an OND / HND / B.Sc in relevant fields with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Must be fluent in English and Hausa
- High level of security consciousness and investigation intelligence.
- Must be agile and smart.
- Proven work experience as Head of Security or Chief Security Officer
- Must be Ex-Military Personnel
- Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined.
- Capable of assertive and positive communication and performance.
- Exemplary safety and managerial leadership skills.
- Clear understanding of behavioral and personnel issues.
- Appropriate standard of technical, legal and professional knowledge as defined by competences.
- Practical familiarity with standard ‘Office’ software package.
- Operation and use of internet and electronic system.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org copying email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 30th August, 2021.