Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Health / Medical > Health Assistant at International Medical Corps
Health Assistant at International Medical Corps
Jun 20, 2020, 6:21 AM
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Assistant Location: Damboa, Borno
- IMC is planning to implement a COVID-19 prevention and response project in Damboa LGA of Borno State under a future funding from USAID/OFDA.
- This support from OFDA will focus on capacity building for health workers, surveillance and Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE). IMC also has GBV, Polio eradication, nutrition and WASH program in Damboa LGA in Borno, North East Nigeria.
- Under the direct supervision of the Health Manager, the Health Assistant will be responsible for supervision of direct implementation of the Health Field activities in the various communities/IDP camps in Damboa, Borno State.
- He/she will closely work with the Health team, partners, IDPs and all stakeholders to ensure efficient delivery of safe health services in the assigned area.
- Overall management and supervision of the community health volunteers/workers assigned to various communities in Maiduguri
- Ensure regular coordination with the State Ministry of Health and the State Primary Healthcare Development Agency in Damboa
- Work with the Health Manager and M&E team to carry out regular assessments and draft concept notes on the health needs in target communities.
- Plan, organise and facilitate trainings for the health staff in the supported facilities as well as community health workers as per identified training needs.
- Contribute to the positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organization’s Code of Conduct
- Ensure submission of weekly, monthly and inputs to the quarterly/donor progress reports to the Health Manager and/or project management team in a timely manner.
- Ensure an appropriate assessment of the health facilities to be supported by the MoH and document needs in terms of essential drugs supply, training and any other area that can be supported by IMC
- Work as the liaison person between IMC and the Health facilities supported by IMC through the State Ministry of Health
- Support the Health Manager in conducting regular supportive supervision to the supported health facilities
- Previous experience implementing capacity building programs for health partners
- Strong skills in drugs consumption monitoring (designing and implementing tools to this effect)
- Experience in dealing with local contractors (follow up and supervision of rehabilitation work on health facilities)
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel and power point),
- Excellent report writing, communication and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Science, Nursing, or any related field
- Previous experience implementing health programs for displaced populations and community health
- 3 years working experience in health programs, preferably with an INGO
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to the "Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps" via the email: email@example.com NoteApplication Deadline 30th June, 2020.
- We are an equal opportunity organization So Borno State Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Position: Nigerian nationals only
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts