HR Assistant at Solidarities International
Solidarities International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs - water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post - emergency programs in WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Temporary
Goal / Purpose
- The HR Assistant assists and supports the HR Coordinator in day to day managing general operational and administrative tasks in particularly recruitment and selection, contract management, payroll management, leave and attendance management, personnel management; HR reporting etc.
List of Main Activities
Human Resources Administration:
- Participate and support the recruitment process (complete cycle) for national staff, and ensure respect of recruitment process
- Keep informed of all documents and developments associated with employment law, employment in general, and staff training
- Ensure that personnel files are kept up to date and deadlines respected (annual performance, contract amendments)
- Take the necessary steps with authorities if required (registering personnel, submitting documents...)
- Prepare the monthly HR reporting Pack, check and consolidate for the whole mission and send it to HR coordinator
- Ensure the respect of the HR monthly calendar
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures are respected and understood at mission level
- Assist in the administrative and contractual management of personnel recruitment and hiring
- Organize, schedule and conduct the HR briefing and/or induction sessions
Payroll, Tax and Social Contributions Management:
- Coordinate monthly salaries calculation and payroll processing for the whole mission in collaboration with bases and HR Coordinator
- Ensure the monthly submission of all social and legal contributions to finance department and pension providers each month
- Update and check the monthly related HR databases and payroll variables
- Ensure the payslip signature and archiving at time of all payrolls related documents
- Ensure that staff personal files are kept up to date and archived according as per the proper guidelines; for the whole mission
- Ensure preparation of HR files for Audit
- Ensure hard and soft archiving, as well as ensuring the security of HR/administrative documents.
- Update and consolidate the SI ID card needs and send to the Logistics department
- Report to each head of department on a weekly and monthly basis Human Resources related information about their respective teams.
- Update monthly the International Staff FU and prepare the HR shuttle for HQ before HR coordinator validation
Communication / Representation:
- Work closely with and support the Administrative Managers and assistants
- Ensure that relevant HR information are published on the information board
- Report to the HR Coo any alerts concerning Solidarites International Staff and support the HR Coordinator in the social dialogue
- Ensure the HR data and information confidentiality.
- Bachelor's Degree in the relevant field/descipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in assisting HR function in an International INGO
- Hand on experience of using Homere software.
- Excellent knowledge and hand on experience on MS Office Suite.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Note: Locals of Borno State and females are highly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 14th October, 2021.