HSE Officer at Ascentech Services Limited
Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Location: Sango-Otta, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a responsible Safety Officer to facilitate compliance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines.
- You will provide advice on measuresto minimize hazards or unhealthy situations.
- The ideal candidate will also be detail-orientedand ready to act in emergencies.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes andhandle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHStraining of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issuesor non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- B.Sc / BA in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Health and Safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety.
N120,000 - N170,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 2nd June, 2022.