Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc Job Recruitment
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc Job Recruitment
Feb 20, 2020, 4:18 AM
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc - Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states). We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below: Job Title: Human Resource Officer Location: Ibadan, Oyo Slots: 5 Openings
- To support the HRBP in partnering with the Regional and Business Hub teams to ensure that the appropriate operational HR functions are enacted to deliver transformational outcomes.
- Provide advice on change management initiatives, organisational / departmental restructures / job role design / outsourcing /transfers / redundancy situations in order to improve cost and efficiency, clarify accountabilities and empower delivery of great customer service.
- Work in partnership with business area managers, manage employee relations issues including the ongoing relations with the trade unions at a micro level. Resolve complex employee relations issues and address grievances.
- Embed a performance management culture within the business area as a means of driving business improvement by ensuring clear objectives, feedback and the improvement of customer service through behaviors aligned with our values.
- Work with HRBP to Cascade, Translate, Implement and control HR activities at the Regional / Hub level.
- Consulting with line management and provide daily HR guidance and ad-hoc training on Personnel Development Plans at the Regional / Hub levels.
- Lead, train, motivate, develop and empower team members in accordance with IBEDC’s Policies and Procedures.
- Identify short, medium and long-term resourcing issues. Build and maintain the local workforce plans, co-ordinate with key Regional / Business Hub. Management team about workforce supply and demand and challenges on new roles, replacement and recruitment and retention strategies.
- Required Experience 3 - 5 years
- B.Sc or equivalent in Social Sciences is required
- Skills in organisational development, organisational design and change management
- Experience on influencing multiple stakeholders at all levels and operating within a matrix organisation
- Good understanding of business strategy/planning and strong commercial acumen
- Results orientated, assertive, flexible and enthusiastic team player with a “can do” attitude
- Experience of operating as a business partner.
- Strong strategic thinking ability with the ability to develop and implement robust people plans with limited direction
- Demonstrable experience in leading and implementing HR strategic projects
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good coordinating skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent report writing skills
Job Title: Head, Regulatory Affairs & Government Regulations Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Promote and facilitate strong and ethical relationships with relevant Government agencies.
- To put in place measures geared at ensuring full compliance of IBEDC’s business operations / activities with all stipulated regulatory standards for the industry.
- Endorse all reports; applications; materials; etc. to be sent by the Function to external parties (NERC, etc.) and circulates reports, applications, materials, etc. to relevant parties (internal and external).
- Work closely with relevant internal officers to ensure Market Operator bills are settled and as at when due.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with relevant Government agencies.
- Identify key stakeholders and carries out regular engagement sessions based on communications plan (active engagement with IBEDC key stakeholders on all legislative and regulatory issues to ensure that company interests are protected and enhanced).
- Develop policies, strategies and plans (IBEDC regulatory agenda & framework, Government relations strategy, etc.) for the Function to ensure full regulatory compliance on IBEDC’s part .
- Provide advisory services on regulatory related matters – filings, responses, applications, etc.
- Champion regulatory related policy advocacy across IBEDC.
- Monitor and conduct constant surveillance of all IBEDC activities across the HQ and BUs to ensure compliance.
- Liaise constantly with relevant Functions, BUs across IBEDC on regulatory related matters.
- Offer regulatory analysis, intelligence and support within IBEDC by proactively disseminating information on regulatory developments.
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor Degree
- Required Experience 15+
- Specialization LLB (Bachelor of laws) is required
- Ability to work independently and effectively with light touch oversight
- A well organised, structured and methodical approach to tasks and projects
- Ability to deliver policy consultation responses including developing a policy position, producing full responses to policy consultations, briefs on policy issues for senior management and working with colleagues across business units to develop an agreed position
- Quick mind and the ability to assess and understand the impact of regulation on the business
- Ability to assess the impact of regulation on the business and translate the impact analysis into advice for the Management (including gathering of relevant business data etc)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in Power Industry regulatory affairs and building relationship with the Regulatory authorities/bodies, such as NERC
- Strong legal and/or analytical skills
Job Title: Head, Health Safety & Environment Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- To develop and execute IBEDC’s HSE policies and procedures in accordance with stipulated industry standards and ensure organization-wide compliance.
- Provides technical expertise, strategic leadership and support to capital projects on regulatory compliance issues in HSE.
- Oversees the conduct of hazard and risk assessments and develop recommendations for business to mitigate identified risks.
- Ensures IBEDC’s compliance to HSE policies, guidelines, standards and procedures - IBEDC’s work environment and practices are in compliance with stipulated regulations or standards.
- Coordinates the development of IBEDC’s annual HSE plans and report.
- Coordinates the development of IBEDC’s HSE standards, policies and procedures to support IBEDC’s business strategy.
- Analyses external trends impacting business strategy, in particular the health hazards, safety concerns and social / environmental impact of conducting business.
- Regularly reviews and updates IBEDC HSE policies and practices to ensure that they are current and appropriate for the changing business needs.
- Communicates IBEDC’s HSE policy and procedures to relevant stakeholders.
- Defines reporting requirements, HSE competency framework and training requirements on safety issues.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor Degree
- Required Experience: 15+
- Specialization: First degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Environmental Sciences & related discipline
- Good turnaround time on tasks, ability to deliver
- Knowledge of regulations and industry standards
- Familiar with industry best practice
- Membership of ISPON will constitute an added advantage
- Minimum of Fifteen (15) years cumulative cognate experience
- Leadership skills
Job Title: Head, Audit & Risk Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- To plan, execute and report to the Board on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance related audits/reviews. Provide advice on internal control, including questions on risk management techniques.
- Ensure compliance to business policies and procedures and define corrective plans to manage fraud and error incidents
- Identifies and recommends business process changes resulting in strengthened internal controls and operational efficiencies
- Follows-up to ensure that past recommendations and remediation work have been implemented properly to correct identified deficiencies/close gaps.
- Participates in the execution of new company initiatives and provides guidance on internal controls and efficiencies.
- Develops the Function’s budget and monitor expenses against the budget to ensure optimum utilization of financial resources.
- Prepares timely annual audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Defines the overall Internal Audit & Control Framework including governance approach, procedures, processes and tools
- Defines the Code of Ethics for the organization to ensure all business operations are conducted with integrity
- Coordinates the development of internal audit and control policies and procedures
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies/puts controls in place to mitigate identified risks
- Coordinates the development of a comprehensive audit plan used to outline the nature/scope of internal audit & control activities and ensures effective execution
- Oversees the execution of special audit projects such as investigations, charter reviews, etc.
- Specialization: BSc in Accounting or Finance is required
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor Degree
- Required Experience: 15+
- Strong attention to details
- Business Acumen
- Strong analytical and evaluation ability
- Ability to analyse and document business processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Analytical skills
- Investigation and reporting skills
- Enterprise risk management skills
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to applyApplication Deadline 28th February, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts