Human Resources and Admin Officer in a Water and Sewage Treatment Engineering Firm
Sep 21, 2020, 6:55 PM
A reputable and fast growing water and environmental engineering organization in the heart of Lekki seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to occupy the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources and Admin Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Develop and implement a human resources plan and personnel management policies and procedures for the organization
- Coordinate the recruitment of new employees by developing job descriptions, identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Prepare the monthly Payroll Leave Schedule for staff.
- Develop and implement a standard Employee Handbook for staff and organize periodic trainings on for staff on specific provisions of the Handbook and other HR policies/procedures.
- Ensure all staff personal files are updated according to checklist /procedures on constant basis.
- Coordinate the payment of statutory deductions and remittances for company upon approval by the Management; such as PAYE and Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Identify and implement appropriate health insurance plans for all confirmed employees.
- Develop, execute and maintain an effective onboarding program for new hires and ensure that each employee undertakes an orientation programme before commencing work.
- Monitoring the company's performance management system and training all levels of employees on the performance evaluation process, including related tools.
- Lead staff welfare/staff care activities including periodic teambuilding events
- Ensuring that the routine day to day work of the organization is managed efficiently and that effective office systems are established, maintained and regularly reviewed in but not limited to the following areas:
- Ordering & receiving of products
- Inventory control and safety
- Interim quality checks
- Shipping, sales plans & tracking competition
- Customer management
- Responsible for administration of back office corporate services and will oversee support staff including cleaners and drivers.
- Attend all management meetings; record proceedings and prepare meetings for official approval as required. Keep supervisors/managers informed on items requiring review or action.
- Remain current on issues of interest to the company
- Liaise with external auditors and government agencies as required
- Ensure confidentiality within and outside the organization
- Maintain general safety of all official documents, cash and office assets.
- Independently performs a variety of highly responsible and complex duties that are highly sensitive and confidential
- Assist in the selection and maintenance of office equipment
- Provide top quality customer service
- Responsible for all office support duties
- Maintain complex and confidential automated and manual files
- Make moderate administrative level decisions
Requirements / Experience
- Bachelor's degree or HND in a relevant field;
- At least 2-4 years working experience in Human resources and administration
- CIPM / PHRi Certification is an added advantage
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite Office, excel, PowerPoint, Outlook internet and E-mail
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
- Mature individual, able to work independently under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
N65,000 - N100, 000 Monthly
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 5th October, 2020.