Human Resources and Administrative Assistant at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)
Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization duly registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 20th 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its programme principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources and Administrative Assistant
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Expected Start Date: ASAP
- The HR / Admin Assistant will ensure compliance with local and global HR policies and the deployment of global HR initiatives and assist in day-to-day office operations.
- This position will ensure the day-to-day HR and administrative activities and will support program team, including human resources administration, and reporting.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhering to all AHSF policies in force, promoting their applications and ensuring compliance with local labour law as well as with AHSF HR internal processes.
- Responsibility for all HR and Admin related communications to the office, under the supervision of the Head of Operations.
- Ensure professionalism and confidentiality adhering to organizational HR Policies.
- Responsibility for planning and ensuring systematic induction for all new staff ensuring that induction plans are signed off and filed in the staff personal file.
- Monitoring probation periods and reviews and ensure outcomes are communicated formally.
- Helping to draft employment letter and contract addendum under global HR team guidance and supervision.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day delivery of all aspects of the country HR Administration local processes.
- Tracking attendance, leave, eligibility and balances of all staff ensuring records are kept updated as per organizational requirements.
- Working with the Head of Operations and global HR team members to support projects within the organization e.g. the Staff Engagement Survey / development of the HR system, etc.
- Maintain up to date assets/inventory register and an efficient record/storage of all office supplies and fixed assets.
- Manage filing and archiving of all financial and administrative documents.
- Support field logistics including staff and consultant travels, training/workshop logistics, hotel reservations, and airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Organize business meetings and workshops as necessary, including engaging speakers, making room arrangements, arranging refreshments, sending invitations, collecting meeting materials, and taking minutes as directed.
- Record and circulate minutes of staff meetings.
- Manage rental agreements for offices and housing.
- Assure that all facilities are well functioning, including housekeeping, office supplies, electricity, maintenance and repair, internet and other communications functions in the field office.
- Assure proper use and functionality of office equipment; liaise with landlords on rented properties.
- Supervise cleaners and cooks.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Ensure all recruitment done at management level are in compliance with AHSF policy.
- Ensure recruitment process are dully followed in compliance with mission recruitment procedure.
- Plan for new employees’ induction immediately when onboard.
- Conduct reference checks, criminal record check.
- Ensure recruited personnel files are completely documented.
- Coordinate, plan and participate in all recruitment process of all AHSF offices physical and virtual.
- Create, maintain, and update file for new staff.
- Contract management and integration of new hires.
- Support hiring manager on recruitment pr ocess when requested to, shortlist, review ToR and interviews.
- Onboard, conduct induction of new hires and exits interview.
- Ensure weekly briefings and update with all team members once a week.
- Discuss security update and rules with team.
- Ensure appraisals are conducted periodically.
- Ensure dissemination of information to team members.
- Team building; ensuring each team member is carried along on the job and build individuals capacity.
- Work with program manager to identify training needs, plan and organize training and identify external training sources.
- Prepare a template of all mission training needs from each department for the year.
- Conduct training for staff internal capacity.
- Train staff on new and existing HR policies when needed.
- Identify learning platforms and inform staff to take do the training and submit soft copies of certificate to HR depart.
- Prepare all document files for audit and spot check internally and externally.
- Ensure filling and archiving process safety of both hard copies and soft copies of documents.
- Ensure all HR documents are archived in confidentiality.
- Ensure all document relating to filling is complete and ready for request.
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply UNICEF Code of Ethics and Conduct, the UN Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in the field, including sensitizing Field Staffs and vendors/agents on such principles
- You should be educated to Bachelor’s Degree level in Human Resources, Industrial and Organisational Psychology, Business Administration and/or experienced in a relevant field to an equivalent level, and have a professional HR certification such as CIPM, CIPO or its equivalent.
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills
- Excellent people skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software - MS Office and Excel especially.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be committed to AHSF the ’s mission, values, and policies.
- The HR and Admin Officer WILL be based in Sokoto / local government areas.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Have a sound understanding of Nigerian labour law and be able to confidently apply HR management practices for the benefit of staff and management.
- Must be confident and fully conversant in business English, both written and verbal, and it would be advantageous if for you to be proficient in local languages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Women are strongly encouraged to Apply
Application Deadline 23rd September, 2022.