Human Resources Lean Leader at General Electric
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Lean Leader
Job ID: R3611513
Location: Rivers, Nigeria
GE Gas Power
Category: Human Resources
Level: Senior Level
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Job Description Summary
- In this role you will be the Lean leader and coach for the HR team drive continuous improvement initiatives and standard work operating rigor across GE Gas Power Human Resources.
- You will lead Lean cultural transformation resulting in step-change in operational business metrics related to organization, culture and people.
Role Summary / Purpose
- The HR Lean Leader will drive standard work, daily management consistency, problem solving and continuous improvement in our HR operating model and processes.
- This person will be responsible for the design, adoption, and execution of the enterprise-wide Lean roadmap and transformation within Human Resources function in GE Gas Power.
- This role will be instrumental in creating, leading, and supporting the improvement efforts tied to the company’s most critical business processes, specifically related to organization / culture and talent strategies as well as employee experience/employee life cycle management.
- Through analyzing and value stream mapping processes, diagnosing root cause operational challenges, and implementing process changes, the role will drive continuous improvement and breakthrough performance ultimately shaping company culture and improving employee engagement internally and our employment brand externally.
- This role is open to all locations globally for qualified candidate.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the design, adoption, and execution of the enterprise wide lean roadmap and transformation within Human Resources Function within Gas Power
- Create, lead, and support the continuous improvement efforts tied to the company’s most critical business processes, specifically related to organization / culture and talent strategies as well as employee experience/employee life cycle management.
- Establish standards, institutionalize daily management processes, and adopt consistent problem-solving methods, which will enable the HR function to deliver more valued activities for our customers
- Collaborate with functional leaders and other stakeholders to identify candidate value streams
- Develop value stream maps for the Organization and eliminate process waste through implementation of Lean techniques
- Support early integration of Lean principles in HR processes and build Lean culture across the HR organization
- Drive measurable improvements in HR Operating rigor including support of development of standard work and leadership of Monthly Operating Rhythms
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in positions of increasing scope, including experience in Human Resources
- Demonstrated Lean aptitude and willingness to learn and apply Lean culture and methodologies
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time, as required
- Masters Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform inclusively in a diverse environment and to promote inclusion and diversity in the workplace
- Effective listening, problem identification and inclusive solution building skills
- High-Energy, collaborative thinker; data / fact driven decision maker
- Lean Kaizen Experience or other hands-on experience in Lean deployment and driving changes in function or operation through strategic problem solving or process improvement
- Demonstrated experience making strategic HR decisions, effectively partnering with individuals at multiple levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to teach and coach others
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law