Human Resources Manager at PIC Group
PIC Group, Inc., headquartered in Atlanta, GA and established in 1988, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, start-up and commissioning, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager (Local Only)
Location: Benin City, Edo
Duration: Permanent Hire
Facility type: Gas turbine equipped power generation plant
- The Human Resource Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager with a dotted line to the PIC VP, Global HR and is responsible for ensuring that the overall coordination, and evaluation of human resources plans and programs are realized as it applies to the Azura Power Plant.
- Additional responsibilities shall include developing and administering human resources plans and procedures that relate to company personnel, planning, organizing and controlling the activities and actions of the HR department and contributing to the development of the Human Resource department goals, objectives, and systems.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide HR leadership and drive strategic and operational activities including Labor Relations, Recruiting & Staffing, Compensation & Benefits, Leadership Coaching, Employee Development and Performance Management.
- Create, maintain and revise job descriptions as needed.
- Analyze and maintain a competitive compensation program to attract qualified and talented individuals; conduct annual salary surveys as needed.
- Administer payroll in compliance with Company and Statutory guidelines. Develop, analyze, and update the company’s annual salary budget.
- Manage the annual Performance Assessment process to ensure merit driven and high- performance organization, in partnership with line managers and provide coaching and guidance.
- Stays up to date on local employment legislation in order to maintain and revise the company’s employee handbook policies and procedures in support of key business needs.
- Manage company benefits plans for Azura site, to include evaluating new benefit plans, enrollment administration and answering employee questions.
- Provide HR leadership and ability to provide direction to plant personnel on HR-related matters.
- Support the Plant Manager in the preparation of the Monthly O&M report and other periodic reports as required.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings
- Coordinate the training activities for the plant, working with line managers to identify, schedule and plan the training calendar.
- Maintain company directory and organizational charts
- Oversee the social and welfare calendar for the plant.
- Support PIC Corporate HR Department on all HR initiatives that affect the Azura plant personnel.
- Oversee recruitment efforts for plant personnel, including writing and placing job ads, conducting phone interviews and scheduling interviews with hiring managers.
- Conduct HR onboarding activities and perform exit interviews.
- Facilitate employee relations counseling sessions, prepare disciplinary write-ups, and coach managers on disciplinary process.
- Maintain and ensure all HR processes, policies & records relative to local and national statutory requirements are in place, while providing guidance and leadership to the business regarding regulatory interpretation and compliance.
- The HR Manager reports to the Plant Manager and works in harmony with the maintenance department, operations department, customer and the PIC corporate management team.
- The HR Manager has a dotted line reporting requirement to the PIC Corporate Vice President of HR and coordinates activities between corporate personnel, contractors and plant personnel on matters pertaining to HR policies.
- HR Manager is dedicated to the O&M conduct of training program specified by the organization. Training types will include initial, qualification and recurring training. Training categories will include team communications, safety, environmental, technical, equipment, business and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
Qualifications must include the following:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a specialization in Human Resource Management.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a HR position with increasing responsibility, preferably in the power industry.
- Extensive experience in the use of personal computers and numerous software applications such as MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams.
- Valid Passport with the ability to travel internationally.
- A minimum of 2 years’ prior experience in a Management capacity.
- Successful candidate maybe required to work extended hours including weekends and holiday, as necessary with the ability to handle quick changing situations under stress.
- Periodic travel to the PIC and/or customers corporate offices may be required to support plant business activities.
- This position will require a background check and a pre-employment drug screening.
- Your key role would be supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems, providing counseling on policies and procedures, being actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process. The goal of these requirements is so you'd provide excellent assistance and support to employees and managers alike.
- You must be ready to support and develop talent through bringing up policies and managing procedures.
- The HR Manager must be a committed and approachable individual.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information / Notice
- Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position.
- PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted