Hygiene Officers at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Hygiene Officer
Locations: Dutse - Jigawa, Kano and Sokoto
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes - WASH
Experience Level: Mid Level
Reporting To: WASH Program Manager
Proposed Start Date: November 2021
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Hygiene Officer (PHP & NFI) who will be working under the leadership and guidance of the WASH Program Manager and is accountable for the overall implementation of the Public health promotion and Non-Food Items distribution of the WASH project.
- In coordination with the WASH Program Manager, revise and adapt hygiene promotion training material to local context and in line with target groups to be trained.
- In coordination with the Program Manager, participate in the development of culturally appropriate Cholera IEC materials, conduct pre-test at community level to inform the final design. Disseminate IEC materials alongside hygiene promotion activities. This should be drawn up as a communication plan.
- Represent Action Against Hunger at local level WASH meetings and technical working groups relating to Public Health promotion and NFI distribution as required by your line manager.
- Work closely with the WASH technical (Engineering) team in the implementation of WASH activities especially in the area of community engagement.
- Ensure that the beneficiary user (women, men & children) particularly vulnerable individuals/groups are consulted on numbers, design and identification of location prior to implementation/construction of WASH Facilities.
- Ensure timely and quality data entry, analysis and interpretation by working closely with the Research Officer.
- Organise and train RRT, health workers from CTC and CTU on wash management of cholera case.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Sociology, Rural Development or other related fields.
- Previous experience in supervising hygiene promotion activities.
- Microsoft Office software Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within states, LGAs and remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Professional, good organizational capacity, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Three years relevant work experience.
Starting Gross Basic Salary and Other Benefits
- N281,063 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Application Deadline 4th November, 2021.