Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Agricultural / Agro-Allied > International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) recruitment for a Stores Manager
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) recruitment for a Stores Manager
Aug 7, 2019, 11:39 AM
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Stores Manager Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2019-027 Location: Ibadan, Oyo Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract) Duties Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Supervise the entire activities and operations of the main store;
- Ensure the establishment, implementation and keep under review processes, system, procedures, programmes and strategies to control investment in inventory;
- Ensure preparation and submission of accurate and timely monthly reports to management;
- Ensure an economical store working environment and operations for cost effectiveness;
- Establish and maintain an effective/efficient customer-oriented service system with the end users;
- Train, develop, motivate, coordinate, direct and control stores staff team for efficiency;
- Ensure that safety rules and regulations at work are adhere to within the store system;
- Ensure proactive risk management system within the store systems;
- Ensure the use of modern stock optimization process in the management of inventories;
- Ensure proper management of receipt and inspection of stock delivered to the institute;
- Keep track of the use and dispatch of the institute stock of materials;
- Maintain relevant documentation for all transactions and activities within the store system;
- Ensure safety and security of stock held regardless of location;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A master’s degree in a numerate discipline/Purchasing and Supply. A chartered professional certification in CIPS, CIPSMN is highly required.
- Minimum of 15 years performing same or related functions with a minimum of 8 years in a supervisory/managerial role.
- Have sound analytical mind, high level of integrity, good interpersonal and
- communication skill (oral and written).
- little or no supervision;
- Have strong knowledge or oracle application and efficient inventory management.
- Have sound knowledge of inventory optimization models, meeting deadlines with
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts