IT Support Officer at the National AIDS, Viral Hepatitis and STIs Control Programme (Federal Ministry of Health)
The National AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections Control and Hepatitis Programme (NASCP) is a division of the Department of Public Health, in the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Health (FMH).
The concept of NASCP and its mandate is to coordinate the formulation and effective implementation of the Nigeria government policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures for the prevention of new HIV infections as well as improve on the existing treatment, care and support for those persons already infected and affected by the virus in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Support Officer
The IT Support Officer will provide technical assistance and support to end-users in NASCP, ensuring that computer systems, hardware, software, and network on infrastructure are functioning correctly and efficiently. User inquiries, and guidance on technology related matters, will be handled by the officer.
- Manage data and IT infrastructures
- Handle all meeting and engagements IT needs
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues across the technical ecosystem (infrastructure, security, cloud)
- Respond to user inquiries and providing technical assistance through various channels e.g phone, email, or in-person, to resolve hardware and software issues
- Ability to install, configure and update software applications, including operating systems and productivity tools
- Assist in network connectivity issues, including troubleshooting network connections and helping users with network-related problems
- Manage user accounts, permissions, and access rights to various systems and applications
- Implement data back-up procedures and assisting in data recovery in case of system failure or data loss
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of IT systems, processes and solutions
- Assisting in implementing IT security measures, including antivirus software, firewalls, and access controls
- Monitoring and applying software patches and updates to ensure system security and performance
- Provide remote IT support to the zonal officers
- Keep track of IT assets, including inventory management, asset allocation, and disposal of outdated equipment
- B.Sc in computer science, information technology or a related field with 5 years substantive experience in similar duties, preferably with development organisations and/or public sector organization.
- Hardware and software management
- Manning of IT for meetings
- Maintenance and troubleshooting for IT
- Experience of monitoring and managing ICT systems and infrastructure for an IT project including database management, Storage Area Network (SAN), network, firewall etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Information Systems, ICT best practices, and current application development methodologies.
- Deep knowledge of Content Management System (CMS) and Full-stack development.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with individuals of different cultural backgrounds, fluency in English is required.
- Experience carrying out similar tasks for development organizations like Palladium is highly desired.
- Experience in designing and deploying complex ICT infrastructure, including databases, networks and security;
- Experience in advising senior counterparts on ICT issues and solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information appropriately;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information to non-specialist audiences
- Experience in website management
- Ensure timely resolution of technical issues
- Regularly update and maintain computer systems, and software applications
- Create and update documentation for IT processes, troubleshooting guides and user manuals
- Assist in IT security measures such as antivirus software, firewalls, and data backup procedures
Contracting & Accountability:
- The officer will be accountable to the Head SI .
- S/he will be paid competitive fees for the agreed duration based on qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th December, 2023.