Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Job For Finance & Administration Associate at Fenix International, 15th November, 2018
Job For Finance & Administration Associate at Fenix International, 15th November, 2018
Nov 15, 2018, 12:37 PM
Fenix International is a next-generation energy company. Our mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Solar, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable instalments starting under $0.17 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a unique credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans and open up a wider world of energy and financing for our customers. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Finance & Administration Associate Location: Lagos, Nigeria Department: General & Administration Type: Full Time Min. Experience: Mid Level Job Description
- Fenix is looking for a bright, highly motivated Finance & Administrative Associate with a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energy, and financial inclusion to join our team. This position is a key role within the Finance Department of a fast-paced start up at the front lines of renewable energy and mobile payment technology.
- The Finance & Administrative Associate will be an integral part of the Fenix Finance Team, collaborating with the Finance & Admin Manager to provide timely and accurate financial information to management by managing accounting data, invoices, disbursements and cash management as well as implementing processes/systems and controls to ensure best practices.
- The role will be an important aspect of helping to create strategic growth plans, assess and improve portfolio health and raise the equity and working capital needed to achieve the Company’s ambitious goals.
- Supervise all maintenance activities and maintain a regular schedule of maintenance for the Fenix’s properties
- Maintain a highly professional working environment everyday (demo units set up, projector + whiteboard in every room, etc.) - ensuring that the Fenix office always looks its best
- Coordinate key activities such as team meetings, workshops
- Ensure all insurance policies i.e. Medical, Risk, Good in transit, IT equipment are up to date and premium charges paid promptly
- Monitor, supervise and ensure safety measures are incorporated into all business office development
- Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts and posting transactions
- Collaborate with Finance Manager to improve system to account for financial transactions through the Chart of Accounts
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
- Secure financial information by completing database backups
- Help prepare payments and invoices by verifying documentation, and requesting payments / disbursements
- Document and manage the disbursements and refunds related to petty cash
- Contributes to team effort by participating in special projects as needed
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Fenix Nigeria office including managing office support staff - caretakers, cleaners, gardeners, etc.
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, Social Sciences or other related field
- A minimum of 1-2 years accounting/admin experience
- You will be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- You must be an excellent communicator with fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work in teams or independently
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas.
- Experienced in any major accounting system with a good working experience on spreadsheets.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts