Job for a Cost Estimator in an Indigenous Specialist Energy Servicing Company
An indigenous Specialist Energy Servicing company that provides integrated services in the oil and gas industry is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Cost Estimator (Oil & Gas Industry)
- To support Project Management in creating and maintaining cost estimate in achieving service excellence.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting Plans and procedures.
- Implement well detailed, clarified and accurately quantified Cost Plans, Feasibility Estimates for the various projects
- Monitor and report on the reasons for variances from the baseline schedule and forecast
- Prepare resource spread for variations and claims, and subsequent proposal to clients
- Liaise with Planning Engineer for accurate updating of project schedule
- Liaise with clients to clarify cost-related issues and develop timely and meaningful monthly invoices.
- Manage and co-ordinate the project change tracking register
- Liaise with discipline leads to review the various change order and advising on resource implementation
- Prepare bill of quantity/bill of engineering measurements
- Perform any other duties as may be required by IESL management
- Bachelor's degree in a related subject (Construction Management / Engineering / Quantity Surveying)
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent pre and post contract technical cost and commercial management skills
- Experience with Budget & Milestone/Schedule Development, Management and Tracking
- Ability to Read & Understand Discipline Drawings & Specifications
- Proven track record of working as a Cost Estimator
- Experience in reviewing the accuracy and contractual legality of change orders
- Familiar with codes, standards, regulations and practices applicable to the design and construction of onshore and offshore structures/production facilities
- Chartered Accountant or CPA, NSE/COREN, PMP/Prince2, related professional trainings
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
31st January, 2020.