Job for a Geologist in a Mining Company based in Lagos
Aug 2, 2019, 11:13 AM
Nicole Sinclair - Our client, a minning company and currently seeking to hire candidates Such candidate would be responsible for identifying and assessing various location for quantity and quality of mineral deposits in such areas.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geologist
- Study the relationship between client's projects, and its environmental impact and sustainability.
- Develop new methods for geological analysis and data collection with the least harmful environmental impact.
- Analyze geological, geochemical and geophysical data collected by tests and surveys.
- Manage and oversee contractors and their work.
- Ensure that workers are compliant with health and safety regulations.
- Responsibly manage budgets for geological projects.
- Deliver pertinent feedback and insight into work projects to management through regular meetings.
- Conduct frequent training sessions with staff regarding investigations and data interpretation.
- Manage sampling and reports from apprentice geologists and provide purposeful feedback and recommendations.
- Measure seismic, volcanic, electromagnetic and gravitational activities.
- Design topographical and geological maps.
- Provide geological assessments and advice to governments and construction companies.
- Learn innovative and modernized methods of geological work by attending workshops and courses.
- B.sc in Geology or Geoscience (essential).
- 3 years of experience in mining, environmental assessments, land development and/or land remediation.
- Adaptable to work in various environmental conditions outdoors.
- Practical experience in collecting and analyzing geological information.
- Comply strictly with safety codes, standards and procedures.
- Ability to write accurate reports on data collection and analysis.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Abide by all federal, state and local laws related to geological work.
- Excellent knowledge of geology and geological factors of the specified location.
- Great technical ability to design mappings of geological data, and use geological databases and software.
- Superb communication skills to work with management and colleagues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th August, 2019.