Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Oil and Gas > Job for a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer at Baker Hughes
Job for a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer at Baker Hughes
Apr 4, 2019, 6:15 AM
Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE) is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with over 65,000 employees in more than 120 countries supporting customers across the industry - from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Lead Mechanical Design Engineer Ref Id: 3263469 Location: Onne, Rivers Job Function: Engineering/Technology Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment Role Summary
- A Lead Engineer within the Services Engineering team must be able to interpret a customer's specification/requirements to produce a practical and cost effective design/solution to meet the design or maintenance requirements.
- They should ensure that the design is correctly transformed into engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, test procedures and ensure manufacturability of design.
- Interpret customer specifications and identify equipment required to satisfy specifications.
- Ensure that equipment is designed in accordance with current HSE legislation.
- Establish repair practices and engineering repair workscopes.
- Adhere to and meet Engineering work schedules. Liaise with Sales and Manufacturing departments and provide technical support as required.
- Provide field support as required.Provide engineering support for the service of installed Subsea Production Equipment (SSPE) provide options for customers on refurbishment/ repair of products.
- Ensure all work is conducted with integrity and in an environmentally and safe manner.
- Prepare and approve factory acceptance test procedures, Operational & Maintenance procedures and inspection/ test reports.
- Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to: risk analysis, failure analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Design Reviews, Design Calculations to establish a full Design Verification Package (DVP) to satisfy the verification plan.
- Ensure DVP has third party or independent review.
- Check and approve layout and detail drawings.
- Review/disposition survey reports.
- BEng Hons Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Strong knowledge of materials, welding and heat treatment.
- Desire to provide world class service to customers by aligning global teams under the service platform.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of working time.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards and design codes.
- Knowledge of Engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques.
- Knowledge and experience pertaining to the following would be advantageous:Strong SSPE product line knowledge.
- Knowledge of service maintenance procedures & processesSolid Oil & Gas industry knowledge.
- Fully proficient with BHGE ePIMS database Have a working knowledge of systems, procedures and other departments within the company.
- /RTP Creation
- GRR/ NCR System
- CTR Creation.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts