Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Transport / Logistics / Haulage > Job For Head, Sales & Distribution In A Reputable Automobile Firm
Job For Head, Sales & Distribution In A Reputable Automobile Firm
May 9, 2019, 9:23 PM
Aldelia Group - Our client, an International Automobile company is recruiting to fill the vacant role below: Job Title: Head, Sales & Distribution Location: Lagos, with extensive travels Job Description
- The Head, Sales & Distribution will play a critical role in enabling company to meet its revenue goals and
- contribute to its long-term growth. The successful candidate will seek out new business opportunities for company through a combination of sales planning and execution, partner enablement, business planning, and post-sales support.
- He/she will be directly responsible for building the relationships with company’s third-party partners to develop a robust pipeline of sales opportunities to meet its aggressive revenue growth objectives.
- This role will be responsible for planning, monitoring and ensuring achievement of customer and revenue market share objectives; delivering operational excellence in distribution, channel management and market expansion. Responsibility is to achieve overall sales success
- Responsible for identifying and penetrating prospective clients/customers headquartered in the assigned target market
- Generate sales revenue by promoting company services to partners
- Lead all stages of the sales cycle as needed to support the conversion of opportunities to sales.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of industry and customers to identify and propose unique solutions
- Leverage knowledge to execute sales strategy that meets or exceeds revenue objectives.
- Create strong relationships based on trust, integrity, and customer satisfaction to effectively drive sales and repeat business
- Track, analyze and report sales activity using company’s internal reporting tools
- Plan and execute strategies to generate revenue for the company through sales distribution
- Lead the recruitment, development and relationship management of company’s Channel
- Partners and Distributors
- Plan sales and business development opportunities, including supporting local sales and center operations teams
- Review channel partners & distributors to ensure healthy ROI
- Expand distribution width and depth
- Identify and formulate sales strategies to help drive distribution across dealers, partners and other identified customer channels.
- Be company’s contact for all the stakeholders at the assigned partners’, lots, OEMs and Dealers.
- Focus will be on building strong executive relationships with emphasis on enabling & activating partnerships, and driving prospect pipeline for company
- Develop a deep understanding of the assigned partners’ business strategy and build specific company growth initiatives that align to the partners’ business strategy
- Increase partner driven sales for company by establishing alignment between company and the partner’s sales organization by designing and running activities such as: Partner Programs and pipeline review, etc. The goal will be to develop a robust, predictable pipeline
- Work effectively across company to drive strategic initiatives; manage pipeline and report results to key internal stakeholders.
- Work directly with the partners' marketing teams to develop sales programs and assets to drive awareness in the market and generate new sales opportunities
- Responsible for the entire Sales Channel operations; ensuring achievement of channel sales targets
- Minimum of Master's degree in a business related course
- Relevant certifications.
- At least 8 years of leadership experience, ideally running a large sales team
- Solid experience of leading a high performing sales team or overseeing zonal/regional/territory sales performance in consumer goods or B2B
- Very strong client/customer/vendor contacts, ideally at senior level across Nigeria
- Extensive experience across functional lines including commercial sales, marketing and operations
- Demonstrate superior management skills to effectively lead and manage the team
- Proven delivery of sales result
- High-level experience of customer negotiations
- Evidence of budget control and strong demonstration of financial expertise
- Startup experience is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Productivity Tools
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong knowledge of sales
- Proven ability to lead a large and/or distributed sales teams
- Superior knowledge and experience in growing bottom line
- Strong knowledge on self-directed projects
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to influence at a senior level and gain the confidence across all areas of the company
- Demonstrated success in consistently meeting or exceeding a monthly sales quota
- Thorough knowledge of the enterprise customer base in the assigned geography
- A proven ability to generate leads, penetrate new accounts, and develop and manage a pipeline
- Good geographical knowledge of top cities in Nigeria.
- Has a strong sense of initiative and personal leadership.
- Ability to negotiate and close negotiations with teams & customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Accurate forecasting skills
- High-level reporting skills.
- Forward thinking and dynamic
- Highly influential in teams
- Persuasive and influencing
- Superior leadership & navigation
- Strong work ethics & drive
- Resilient and productive under pressure
- Ability to present and communicate information clearly.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking.
- Must be target driven, delivering results and meeting expectation.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts