Job For Logistics Supervisor In A Multinational Engineering Company
May 14, 2019, 9:51 AM
Sunrose Consulting Limited - Our client is a Multinational Engineering company. The company distributes and supports construction machines, power systems and material-handling equipment. The company provides its customers with comprehensive solutions backed by technical know-how, experience and in-depth knowledge of its local markets. Its service centers are equipped to perform total overhauls, through its qualified service engineers, with necessary diagnostic and repair tools, which can be dispatched at any time to customers.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
- Reporting to the Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate records of shipments and that all orders placed have proper documentation for quick clearing at the ports
- You will also ensure that close contact is maintained with Banks, Customs, Clearing Agents etc.
- Ensure accurate and prompt generation of computer reports for management use.
- Ensure duties are appropriately worked out and paid accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the clearing agents for the closure and perfection of exchange control documents to avoid CBN sanction.
- Supervise the Logistics Team on import and export processes.
- Ensure quick processing of shipping documents and prompt handover of same to clearing agents for quick clearance of goods.
- Ensure prompt response to new developments within the import/export sector of the economy.
- Visit seaports, airports, clearing agents, customs, inspection agents and banks as and when necessary.
- Monitor the clearing agent’s delivery to ensure it is within lead time and also ensure prompt offloading to avoid demurrage.
- Relevant Professional Certifications (e.g., CITL, CPSM, CPL).
- Proficiency in Ms. Office packages: Excel, Word, Power point
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Strong team player and ability to work cross-functionally in a matrix organisation.
- A Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in any discipline
- A Master's Degree will be an added advantage.
- 5 years experience in a senior Supply Chain role. Experience in an Engineering / Construction Equipment company will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Enter your email below and click subscribe.
OND / HND / BSC Holders Experienced Personnel Lagos State Sunrose Consulting Limited Logistics Supervisor