Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Job For Laboratory Coordinator at Population Council
Job For Laboratory Coordinator at Population Council
Apr 17, 2018, 12:27 PM
The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources. The Council’s major program areas ace HIV&AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth. The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries. We are seeking a professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Coordinator Location: LagosJob DescriptionHow to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters (stating current salary and salary expectations) and Resume in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org Clearly state the position title and your full names - starting with the surname first, then other names in the subject area of the e-mail. Example: "Laboratory Coordinator (Lagos) - Ben, Joshua Ekong"
- To operate and maintain a standard medical laboratory at the community-based outpatient clinic for men and their sexual partners who engage in high risk behaviors that predispose them to increased risks of HlV and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Coordinate the laboratory technical support to strengthen biomedical interventions in all programs and research activities
- Manage laboratory inventory and reagent logistics
- Develop and maintain a reliable laboratory management information system
- To perform other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Medical Officer and Deputy Director (HIV).
- Provide Laboratory quality management system and support services to all projects
- Monitor the quality and integrity of laboratory services and data at all levels
- Contribute to timely submission of program / research reports
- Monitor the biosafety status of the laboratory site
- Provide routine laboratory services according to good medical laboratory practice
- Minimum of Master of Medical Laboratory Science
- Level of IT expertise required - good
- Ability to travel within and outside Nigeria
- Desired number of years of prior experience in a similar role - 3 to 5 years
- Effective organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Ability to work well individually and in a team.
- Current registration with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria
- Effective Laboratory Quality Management System skills
- Experience in public health and infectious diseases
- Effective Laboratory data management and research literacy skills
- General Communication, supervisory and interpersonal skill level - Excellent
- Language Requirements - English - excellent
Application Deadline 24th April, 2018.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- No phone calls, please.
- The Population Council is an equal opportunity employer. Nigerian national preferred.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts