Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Building and Construction > Job For Land Surveyor at Efficacy Construction Company, 12th February, 2019
Job For Land Surveyor at Efficacy Construction Company, 12th February, 2019
Feb 12, 2019, 1:50 PM
Efficacy Construction Company is a Lagos Nigerian-based Building Construction, Civil Engineering and Project Management Company that specializes in all Building Construction, Civil Engineering and Project Management Works. We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below: Job Title: Land Surveyor Job code: 55G/12/19 Location: Lagos Job Type: Fulltime Need: Immediate Hire! Job Description
- Leads multiple Department survey parties for the purpose of determining boundaries and topography of real property or oversees the compilation, update and maintenance of real property maps; provides analysis and technical assistance, support, coordination and advice for the development, implementation and maintenance of land surveying-related information technology/systems (ITS/IS) and applications to include global positioning and geographic information systems (GPS/GIS).
- Work requires contact with governmental and private entities.
- Employees at this level establish their own work plan and priorities to meet set objectives. Issues are rarely referred to the supervisor but are handled at the occurrence.
- Travels to identify, coordinate and prioritize future work.
- Uses a variety of surveying software and related hardware.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Coordinates, monitors, and reviews work performance of contracted survey work and associated contracts.
- Identifies and defines parcels for use in transportation projects by using relevant elements of surveying, property description writing, mapping, law, research, measurement, analysis and computation.
- Monitors survey parties and plans future jobs.
- Performs Global Positioning System (GPS), design and/or construction surveying.
- Trains and instructs other survey personnel.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience
- Knowledge of use of 3D Scanners for undertaking lands topography, hydrography plus measured building surveys
- Ability to analyze data using plans, maps, charts and software such as autoCAD and GIS- Geographic Information System
- Knowledge of legal guiding principles as per boundaries, roads, pipeline and other right of way
- Experience from Construction, Real estate company is an added advantage.
- B.Sc/HND in Land Surveying.
- M.Sc (Added Advantage)
- Planning, coordinating and handling multiple projects within area of responsibility to meet short and long term deadlines
- Leading, assigning, reviewing and monitoring the work of others
- The use of personal computers and applicable programs, applications and systems.
- GPS, geodetic and satellite surveying
- Applicable surveying procedures, standards and instruments
- Automated survey systems
- Applicable boundary laws, rules and regulations.
- Legal research methods
- Reading and interpreting applicable plans, schematics, blueprints and maps
- The use of surveying tools, equipment and instruments
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts