Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Manufacturing / FMCG / Industrial > Job For Market Analyst at UAC Nigeria PLC
Job For Market Analyst at UAC Nigeria PLC
Jun 1, 2018, 11:51 AM
UAC of Nigeria Plc. is a leading private sector enterprise with active participation in the development of the country since 1879. A diversified, food-focused company, UAC’s operations span the animal feeds, packaged foods, real estate, paints and logistics sectors of the economy. We are committed to building and developing our people towards realizing their full potentials. One of our businesses, Grand Cereals Limited, an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials, with leading brands in the Cereals, Vegetable Oil and Animal Feed categories requires the position below: Job Title: Market Analyst Location: Jos, Plateau State Employment Type: Full Time Specific Duties/Responsibilities/Tasks
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing and evaluating local and global data on existing and potential markets (Animal Feed and Culinary, Ready to Eat (RTE) Chilled and Frozen Foods markets).
- Identifies and monitors competitors and researches market conditions or changes in the industries that may affect sales. Studies and reports on the attractiveness and the dynamics of potential new local and export markets.
- Provides data the business requires to prepare the company’s marketing and sales plan, which aims to focus its resources on improving the sales and gaining an advantage over competitors
- Designs research projects, prepares questionnaires and samples analyses data, prepares reports, and presents findings and recommendations to management
- Regularly reviews and assesses sales performance per SKU, Category, territory, region etc. to ensure the achievement of the sales targets.
- Carries out industry analysis and global environmental analysis, and analyses the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) of the business.
- Responsible for analyzing marketing metrics to identify cause and effect relationships
- Evaluates demographics, prices, distribution channels and marketing outlets.
- Monitors and forecasts marketing and sales trends
- Gathers data about consumers, competitors and market conditions
- Strong external orientation
- Self-confident integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly numerate with excellent knowledge of statistics and data analysis.
- Knowledge of consumer behaviour, psychology & sociology
- First-rate ICT skills and must understand how to obtain and manage online information.
- Exceptional communication and critical-thinking skills
- Must be detail oriented and will be required to do precise data analysis
- First degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business Administration or related disciplines.
- Membership of related professional bodies such as the Nigeria Market Research Association will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in Marketing Research in a reputable manufacturing, retail, wholesale company or trade and industry associations, market research firms, advertising agencies, governmental or private nonprofit agencies.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts