Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Job For Nurses at Premiere Urgence Internationale, 14th December, 2018
Job For Nurses at Premiere Urgence Internationale, 14th December, 2018
Dec 14, 2018, 4:28 PM
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for its Health team in Monguno. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Nurse Location: Maiduguri, Borno Starting Date - 2nd of January 2019 Contract Duration - 3 Months Slot: 3 Openings Overall Mission General Objective:
- Under the Direct Supervision of the OPD Supervisor/Nurse Teamleader, the Nurse provides patients consultations in collaboration with Midwife and other team members in the facility. S/he follows PUI protocols and standards to ensure Quality and contiunity of care, promotion and restoration of health of patients and population.
- Provide low-key psychological support/Basic Psychological First Aid to patients according to need.
- Provide individual and group health education to patients, when appropriate.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Document collected information on health cards and other records.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly data collection for OPD
- Welcome patients to the facility.
- Establish personal rapport with potential and actual patients and their relatives.
- Assess urgency and make sure urgent cases are seen first.
- Assess and identify patients health needs.
- In the role of Clinician, manage the cases under his/her line of technical expertise, but also provide nursing care according to the need of the patient.
- Adhere to his/her level of therapeutic standards.
- Give first aid when needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with Universal standards, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- In case of absence of another team member, the nurse will replace in the appropriate sector (nurses in other departments (triage, dressing, vaccination, nutrition, etc.…), midwives, registrar, and dispenser).
- In case of absence of the Team Leader, the nurse will take the Lead and will become the security focal point of the team.
- Ensure coordination and continuity of care through verbal and written reports and coordination with the other health staff.
- Participate actively in meetings and trainings when required.
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by supervisors.
- Provide training on selected topics on Non-Communicable Diseases and other of Public Health relevance.
- Report on collected data.
- Directly report any difficulties or delays in the implementation of activities.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Ensure the quality of care provided to patients in PUI facilities.
- Provide essential preventative assistance services and follow up on identified beneficiaries with NCDs and other diseases/morbidities of Public Health relevance.
- Language skills: Good command in English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Fluent in local languages - Kanuri, Hausa, etc.
- Education degree: Recognized Nurse Degree (at least certificate level) with national legislation
- Work experience: 2-3 years of experience in Nursing, or in OPD services.
- Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of Communicable and Non Communicable diseases
- Good knowledge of Public Health
- Good ability for team work
- Ability to manage a fair workload including emergencies.
- Interests: Working in humanitarian relief, interest for social issues
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Understanding of the context of the area
- Able to check validity of information, logical thinking
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts