Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Job For Principal System Analyst - CHIS1 at African Development Bank Group, 6th September, 2018
Job For Principal System Analyst - CHIS1 at African Development Bank Group, 6th September, 2018
Sep 6, 2018, 9:16 AM
African Development Bank (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank's development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Principal System Analyst - CHIS1 Reference: ADB/18/174 Location: Côte d’Ivoire Grade: PL4 Position N°: 50000549 The Complex
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services (CHVP) Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
- The Corporate Information Technology Services Department’s (CHIS) mission at the Bank is to align the IT delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems (IS).
- Under the leadership of the African Development Bank’s (AfDB) Information Systems Director, the Information Technology Systems Department is mandated by the Bank to deliver best possible IT services for Bank Staff, and help achieve the results that gets the Bank closer to accomplishing its poverty reduction goals in Africa.
- The Business Solutions Development & Maintenance Division is one of the Divisions of the Corporate IT Services department. It is in charge of the design, development, and maintenance of IT solutions/systems to support the Bank business needs. It is also responsible for managing overall IT day-to-day operations relating to enterprise applications, improving performance and end-user satisfaction.
- Under the supervision of a Chief Corporate Application Services and /or the Division Manager, the Principal System Analyst assist the bank in the implementation of new software or maintenance of existing ones and leads the configuration and the development of software needed by bank’s users.
- He/ She is responsible for the identification of the documentation and resolution of solutions gaps in the business processes.
- Liaise with users to produce high quality, signed-off business process flows and process controls and accompanying narrative / procedures so that the user is confident that the solution provided meet his requirement.
- Build appropriate test strategies on a project-by-project basis, making re-use of previously proven good practices, describe testing approach of the software development cycle
- Manage team resources: Effective and efficient use and control of IT resources
- Act as controller of work produced by functional team, introducing improvements where required
- Involve in security/authorization set-up, user documentation, data interface design, data migration and reconciliation
- The incumbent is the Test Lead on projects, therefore ensuring that test is adequately scoped, performed and signed off
- Work on multiple projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project leader
- Identify and addresses business IT related roadblocks to the deployment of solutions
- Lead in the studies and requirements analysis of information system as well as , implement new or enhanced information systems
- Supervise configuration changes to accommodate change requests, testing of problem fixes, enhancement assessments and make recommendations on the configuration change to the Corporate Applications Services division and to business users.
- Liaise with the CHIS Help Desk in problem resolution and user support.
- Participate in system enhancement, upgrade and/or new functionality assessments. Keep abreast of new software releases, enhancements/new functionality and perform application research.
- Interact with contract personnel to produce requirements and system documentation for software projects. Serve as Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) for assigned contract support services tasks.
- Provide system specifications to developers or configurator
- Lead the implementation of ERP (SAP & non SAP) applications and system software
- Lead the maintenance of system configuration and development
- Analyze, prioritize, develop, test, deploy, maintain and document effective Business Solutions
- Effectively supervise system Analysts team to implement and maintain ERP solution and system software
- Effectively apply IT security rules in his day to day activities
- Support Business Applications key users in producing feasibility studies and business cases
- Liaise with users to produce functional specifications describing solution’s capabilities, appearance, interaction with users and dependencies on other applications.
- Liaise use key-users to produce configuration documents containing configuration requirements and components used in order to be able to rebuild the configuration if necessary.
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Development or related business fields.
- Expert in Programming Languages used in the bank (ABAP, JAVA, etc.…)
- Very good knowledge of ERP software, preferable experience of several SAP modules
- Familiar with database software (Oracle, MySQL.
- Certification on SAP and / or other ERP modules would be an advantage
- Dynamic and self-motivated leader to provide direction under complex conditions which often includes ambiguity and uncertainty
- Able to build and maintain rapport with all levels of the organization, across Complexes, Divisions and Departments and also internationally
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Have a minimum of 6 (six) years’ experience as a Functional /Business / Systems Analyst.
- Relevant experience on ERP system, with one SAP module experience such as SAP FI/CO, MM, HRMIS, SRM, GM and BW, CML.
- Experience with industry standard Systems Analysis tools and methods; i.e. Use cases, Activity Diagrams.
- Experience of Business Process Re-engineering and modelling is expected.
- Understanding of relational databases, data storage, and SQL concepts.
- Ability to suggest better alternatives and flows to given requirements based on experience.
- Ability to use appropriate data structures and algorithms and come up with generic/object-oriented code that encapsulate aspects of the problem that are subject to change
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts