Job Vacancies at Deloitte Nigeria
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: HR & Admin Personnel
Job Type: Full Time
- Our client is looking to hire a driven and very organized individual to fill the role of Human Resources & Admin Personnel
- The candidate would provide administrative support functions to the human resource operations of the organisation. The candidate will also support the day-to-day activities of Human Resources department
- HR & Admin Personnel responsibilities include processing employee data, updating company policies and assisting in the hiring process.
- To be successful in this role, you should have solid organizational skills and be familiar with HR functions.
- Minimum of 2:1 Degree
- Must be a chartered CIPM / PHRi professional
- Experience of 3-5 years in HR (Generalist preferably) & Admin position
- Must have worked in a highly reputable organization
- M.Sc / MBA is an added advantage.
Job Title: Project Accountant
Job Type: Full Time
- The project accountant position is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
- Create project accounts in the accounting system.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Authorize access to project accounts.
- Authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts.
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project.
- Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project.
- Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project.
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings.
- Report on project profitability to management.
- Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings.
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects.
- Create or approve all project-related billings to customers.
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers.
- Respond to requests for more detail from customers.
- Approve the write-off of any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering.
- Detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents.
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills.
- At least three years of experience in project accounting.
Job Title: Legal Lead
Job Type: Full Time
- Coordinate and take down minutes at Annual General Meetings, Board, Management and Committee Meetings.
- Circulate Audited Accounts to shareholders.
- Dissemination of Board and Management Decisions.
- Maintaining Statutory Registers.
- Ensuring compliance with the Company’s Memorandum and Article of Association Liaison and filling of returns to Statutory and Regulatory Bodies.
- Payment of dividend and issuance of Share certificates to shareholders.
- Drafting of Memorandum of understanding Agreements on different projects with Technical Partners.
- Vetting of Project Agreements.
- Liaison with Technical Partners and Contractors on Contracts Agreements.
- Negotiating with communities in the Niger Delta oil producing areas.
- Offering Legal Advice
- Preparation of legal report to Board/Management.
- Coordinate payment of utility bills and taxes to local and state Government.
- Coordinate the procurement, maintenance and disposal of Company assets.
- Company Image custodian
- Maintain discipline and carry out disciplinary measures on erring staff.
- Ensure ethics and code of conduct to guide employee relationship with the Company.
- Graduate Degree in Law and other related fields.
- 5 - 7 years experience in Legal Practice.
- Human Resource and Administration Management experience will be an added advantage.
- Certifications will be an added advantage
Job Title: Head, Risk Management
Job Type: Full Time
- The Head, Risk Management shall have the primary responsibility of developing and ensuring effective and efficient implementation of the company's risk management framework, including review of the framework and obtaining all the necessary approvals
- He/she will be responsible for assessing, rating, recommending, monitoring and reporting on the operational, financial, strategic and compliance risks that the company faces in delivery of its mandate
- He/she will also be responsible for the assessment and monitoring of the credit risk of the company’s counterparties, including partner financial institutions, issuers of investment instruments etc.
- Establish and run the risk management function in a hands-on fashion initially, before building a team in line with the company’s growth;
- Develop the framework, policy and operating guidelines for the company’s risk management function;
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the company and developing risk management systems, including operating and financial models;
- Create and improve tools for identifying, measuring, monitoring, controlling and reporting risks for the company;
- Heading the Risk Committee;
- In the setting-up risk management environment, the CRO will play an important role in development of the company’s strategy through identification of the loss/risk drivers inherent in each strategy;
- Establish and help manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders and customers of the company;
- Continuously developing, enhancing and embedding the risk framework for managing risks across the institution, ensuring that processes are fit for purpose;
- Working closely with the CEO, CFO, relevant board members and committees, senior managers across the company in moulding a well-controlled, high achieving organization which can fulfil its mandate safely;
- Perform research to identify the risks facing the company, their severity and determine the probability of occurrence;
- Develop strategies to measure identified risks appropriately, and articulate a coherent risk appetite for the company;
- Design operational policies and procedures to mitigate the risks;
- Implement and assign responsibilities for risk management;
- Risk monitoring and risk reporting to different stakeholders;
- Establishing and maintaining risk governance systems and structures at management level, in accordance with the overall risk management framework approved by the Board;
- Lead the company’s efforts in pursuing risk re-guarantees and co-guarantees, where such are considered;
- Embedding a positive culture of confident and informed risk-taking through training, communication and promotion of the agreed risk framework;
- As a member of senior management and the executive committee, provide essential input on the company’s enterprise risk management to the board risk committee, the CEO and senior management of the company;
- Liaising with internal and external auditors in assessing and providing independent assurance of the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of the company’s overall risk management framework, policy and implementation plan;
- Partnering effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies and others, as appropriate, and serving as a role model for high personal and corporate ethical values and standards of integrity.
- Regularly participate in management meetings, and carry out any other duties as may be required.
- Budgeting responsibilities – discretionary control over risk department budgets up to a level approved by the CEO.
- A Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration plus professional Accounting qualifications such as CPA or ACCA;
- A Master's Degree in Business Administration and/or Finance / Accounting will be an added advantage;
- Significant experience in financial services particularly in the areas of best practice risk management and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice
- A background in banking, insurance or trade finance is essential;
- Experience with credit risk guarantees/insurance and exposure to development issues;
- Knowledge and understanding of risk control arrangements;
- Knowledge in regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes in Nigeria.