Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Agricultural / Agro-Allied > Job Vacancies at Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Limited, 6th May, 2019
Job Vacancies at Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Limited, 6th May, 2019
May 6, 2019, 10:24 PM
Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Limited (Sahel) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal. We are currently recruiting the position below for an anticipated program focused on developing the Nigerian local dairy sector: Job Title: Chief of Party (COP) Location: Abuja, Nigeria Job Type: Full Time Travel: Extensive travel across project States Reports to: Sahel Consulting’s Managing Partner About the Program
- Sahel, in collaboration with other partners, seek to catalyze the local dairy sector in Nigeria in an inclusive way through a program that will improve the livelihoods, productivity, nutrition, and empowerment of smallholder women dairy farmers and the communities in which they live. If approved, the program will span 5 years and will:
- Advocate for an enabling environment for local sourcing through engagements with the government and relevant private sector stakeholders.
- Increase demand for locally sourced milk through partnerships with dairy processors currently or interested in sourcing locally.
- Improve smallholder dairy farmers’ productivity by increasing their access to technical support services and right inputs.
- Empower women dairy farmers and enable them to improve their livelihoods and that of their households.
- Improve nutrition outcomes among smallholder dairy households through innovations in food systems.
- The COP’s primary responsibilities are outlined below. The COP is however expected to perform any tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the program.
- Leadership & Program Oversight: Provide overall leadership and strategic direction for the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the program objectives and expected outcomes. Work with the program team to develop values, mission and goals. Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, Sahel’s internal policies, and donor guidelines.
- Relationship Building & Management: Build and manage high-level relations with the funder, Government of Nigeria, all implementing partners and stakeholders involved with the program in order to ensure ongoing alignment, commitment and accountability to deliver on the program’s targets. Represent the program at the highest-levels vis a vis the Federal and state government, donor and other relevant stakeholders nationally and globally.
- Financial Oversight: Oversee fiscal management to ensure that financial activities including budgeting, reporting and auditing align and are compliant with Sahel’s internal policies, and donor guidelines. Ensure that program is operating within the approved budget, ensure maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the program in a positive financial position.
- Program Implementation: Coordinate the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and the overall management of the program. Oversee program administration, and operations, implementation. Ensure reports, work plans, and other program deliverables are timely and of high quality. Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the program, including compliance with Sahel’s policies and donor transparency and due diligence requirements. Ensure the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation.
- Team Building & Management: Oversee the hiring, onboarding, training and retention of top talent. Create an environment and culture that promotes great performance and positive morale. Lead and inspire project teams to deliver on program objectives.
- Branding & Communications: Oversee the development and implementation of the program’s branding and communication strategy in order to ensure effective communication with program partners, donor and other relevant stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in International Development, Business, Economics, or related field of study
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in senior management position with demonstrated results focus, skills and a track record of delivering beyond expectations
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Experience in supply chain management and in leading implementation in a complex, international organization and/or in large multifaceted programs
- Good financial management skills including cash flow management and budgeting
- A familiarity with and commitment to addressing gender equality is also required
- Able to shape a vision and strategy
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing alliances with the private sector; ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce; adept at aligning stakeholders with differing agendas
- Able to attract, inspire, retain and lead a diverse team of highly talented professionals
- Superior interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Strong negotiation and diplomatic skills to support effective work through implementing partners
- Fluency in the English language, and excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
- Excellent judgement. Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Willingness to travel across program states within Nigeria, with a focus on Northern Nigeria.
- Please note that the position is subject to donor approval of the program
- The Manager position is for experienced practitioners with a passion for agriculture.
- Managers have the opportunity to lead engagements with clients across the public, private and social sector and across multiple value chains to make a tangible impact to the agriculture and nutrition sector in Africa.
- Ensure timely and high quality implementation of Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Ltd SCANL projects, including planning, coordination of, and reporting of project activities.
- Manage a team of Sahel Capital employees and contractors to successfully deliver on projects’ objectives
- Manage engagement with stakeholders from the public, private and social sector to successfully deliver on projects’ objectives
- Prepare PowerPoint and Word reports summarizing research and analyses and developing recommendations for the client.
- Support senior management on other Sahel Consulting initiatives as requested.
- Led proposal writing and business development efforts
- Masters in Agriculture, Business, Economics or related discipline
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- Strong program management skills and high level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (both written and verbal), interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Willingness to travel (required)
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts