Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Job Vacancies at West African Health Organisation (WAHO)Application Deadline 13th August, 2020.
Job Vacancies at West African Health Organisation (WAHO)
Jul 29, 2020, 11:36 PM
The West African Health Organisation (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), with a mandate to ensure the attainment of the highest possible standard and protection of the health of the people in the ECOWAS region. Within the framework of the Regional “Reproductive Health and REV Prevention Programme in the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)", WAHO and the German Financial Cooperation (Kreditanstalt fur Wiederaufbau / KFW) have agreed to establish a Regional Financing Mechanism for Reproductive Health Commodities.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Accountant Reference No.: FM / TEND / AMI / 2020 / 05 / bk Location: Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
Introduction The West African Health Organisation (WAHO) is the specialized Institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) responsible for health matters. Its mandate is to provide the highest level of health care delivery to populations in the sub-region. Communicable and non-communicable diseases are the leading causes of morbidity and mortality in the region; therefore, disease control and the prevention of epidemics are among the priorities of the 15 countries in the ECOWAS region and a central tenet of WAHO activities. The World Bank has provided grants to ECOWAS for WAHO to implement 03 projects:Interested and qualified consultants should express their interest by mail to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail. Or Click here to apply
- The Sahel Women’s Empowerment and Demographic Dividend Regional Project (SWEDD)
- The Regional Disease Surveillance Systems Enhancement Project (REDISSE)
- The Sahel Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases Project (SM/NTD)
- Improve regional demand for Reproductive, Mother, Newborn and Child Health and Nutrition (RMNCHN) services and increase empowerment for women and adolescents;
- Strengthen regional capacity for availability of RMNCHN commodities and rural midwives;
- Support rural midwifery training institutions in target countries, strengthen their capacity to increase the quantity and quality of midwives;
- Foster political commitment and capacity for policy making and project implementation.
- Improve regional collaboration for better results across participating countries;
- Strengthen institutional capacity to coordinate and monitor implementation.
- Surveillance and Health Information;
- Laboratory Capacity Building;
- Preparedness and Emergency Response;
- Human Resource Management for effective disease surveillance and epidemic preparedness;
- Institutional Capacity Building, Project Management, Coordination and Advocacy.
- The Accountant will be responsible for the management and custody of all accounting documents relating to the project finances as well as maintaining and reconciliation of bank balances
- He/She will be expected to respect the guidelines and procedures under ECOWAS regulations and the World Bank-funded projects.
- Ensure that all accounting documents are in order and are accurately posted into the ECOLink system promptly and into other accounting software WAHO may set up;
- Monitor transfer payments with the banks and follow up the receipt of swift copies and receipt of funds by recipients;
- Review and verification of Financial Reports of ALL advances made to staff, countries and Partners and monitor the posting through the accounting system;
- Reconcile personal accounts and prepare monthly statements for project staff;
- Prepare reimbursement of expenses to be made to partners;
- Review air tickets itinerary prepared for project related travel (staff/participants) emanating from WAHO Travels;
- Receive bank statements for all banks and prepare bank Reconciliation statements on a monthly basis for submission to the Financial Management System (FMS);
- Maintain Asset Register for ALL assets of the various Projects;
- Ensure proper filing of all supporting documents relating to the operation of the projects;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements for ALL projects for submission to the FMS;
- Ensure the proper filing of all supported documents for posted transactions;
- Participate in budget preparation, ensure budget compliance and prepare periodic budget/actual reports for all projects;
- Undertake other relevant accounting duties as may be assigned by WAHO Management.
- Hold at least First Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related fields from a recognized university;
- Proven knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting (IPSAS) will be an advantage;
- Professional certification such as CPA, ACA, ACCA will be an advantage;
- At least eight (8) years professional experience in accounting including at least two (2) years in a project funded by technical or financial partners (World Bank, African Development Bank, European Union, etc.) or in an international, regional or sub-regional institution;
- The incumbent must have excellent computer skills, knowledge of an accounting software such as SAP will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of the World Bank’s current financial management requirements would be an advantage;
- Be able to work under pressure in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- Fluency in English which is the working language of the World Bank is essential. Knowledge of a second ECOWAS language would be an advantage.
- This is a WAHO consultancy position supported by donor funds. The appointment is for 1 year subject to a one month probationary period and may be renewable according to availability of funds from the project. Attractive consolidated remuneration packages will be paid
- The Accountant will be based at WAHO Headquarters in Bobo-Dioulasso, BURKINA FASO, but will travel in the ECOWAS region as required.
- WAHO now invites qualified individuals to indicate their interest in providing the services. They should provide information that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services (Cover Letter indicating which of the above positions is of interest, detailed Curriculum Vitae including description of similar assignments, and experience and copies of supporting documents).
Job Title: Consultant to Support Project Beneficiary Countries in the Identification, Documentation and Sharing of Best Practices Reference No.: FM / TEND / AMI / 2020 / 016 / SPM / APM / bk Location: West Africa Project: Sahel Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases Project (SM/NTD)
Introduction The West African Health Organisation (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), tasked with ensuring the attainment of the highest possible standard and protection of health for the people in the ECOWAS region. One of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality in the region is communicable and non-communicable diseases. Disease control and the prevention of epidemics are therefore, among the priorities of the 15 countries in the ECOWAS region and a central tenet of WAHO activities. The World Bank has provided grants to ECOWAS for WAHO to implement the Sahel Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (SM/NTD) Project, covering Burkina Faso, Niger and Mali. The project is aimed at increasing access to and use of harmonised community-level services for the prevention and treatment of malaria and select neglected tropical diseases in the cross-border areas of beneficiary countries. The West African Health Organisation, therefore, seeks to recruit an individual Consultant to support the SM/NTD project by identifying, documenting and sharing of best practices through-out the beneficiary countries within the region. General and Specific Objectives The overall objective of the mission is to support WAHO and the SM/NTD project by identifying, documenting and sharing of best practices within the three (3) beneficiary countries in the region. Specifically, the consultant shall:
- Through a participatory and consensual process based on objective criteria, identify and document best practices in the 3 beneficiary countries and at WAHO;
- Draw up a list of practices identified;
- Make recommendation for scaling up good practices;
- Make recommendations to address bottlenecks and barriers to project implementation
- Consult key stakeholders/key informants, the list of whom should be agreed with the project coordinating entity;
- Carry out field visits and virtual consulting as required with a view to engaging with stakeholders in the field (countries), documenting best and poor practices;
- Examine reports and documents (Project Document, Project Progress Reports, Annual Budgeted Work Plans, Project Activity Reports, Communication Products), resulting from the implementation of technical interventions and any workshop/meetings as part of the implementation of the project ;
- Identify and describe the experiences or examples of best practices, within the framework of the implementation of the project, that can be disseminated, including the conditions or pre-requisites for their replication;
- Collate the best practices identified and propose strategies and activities for sharing best practices identified in the three (3) countries and in the region;
- Propose solutions to correct the poor practices observed;
- Facilitate a workshop to validate the report of the consulting mission if required.
- Hold a University Degree and a Postgraduate Degree in Public Health or Social Sciences;
- Have a sound knowledge of technical strategies for malaria control and NTDs in the West African region ;
- Have at least 15 years of professional experience in health;
- At least three (03) project evaluation or capitalization missions in health domain in the last ten (10) years, one of which must be on NTD;
- Have an excellent communication and good knowledge sharing skills
- A good knowledge of ECOWAS region’s Health System will be an advantage;
- Previous experience in health project coordination and management with focus on Neglected Tropical Diseases will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in word processing and data analysis, Word, Power point, Epi Info, Excel and Access databases will be an advantage;
- Working knowledge of English and French will be an advantage
- Hold a University Degree and a Postgraduate Degree in Public Health or Social Sciences: 20 points
- General Experiences at least 15 years of professional experience in health: 20 points
- Specific experiences at least three (03) project evaluation or capitalization missions in health domain in the last ten (10) years, one of which must be on NTD: 30 points Excellent communication and good knowledge sharing skills: 10 points.
- Knowledge of technical strategies for Malaria and NTD in west Africa: 10 points
- Previous experience in health project coordination and management with focus on Neglected Tropical Diseases is an asset;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS Region’s Health System;
- Working knowledge of English (working language of World Bank) and French (language in the Sahel) will be an advantage.
Interested and qualified consultants should express their interest by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail. Or Click here to applyNote
- The desired individual consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures for the selection of individual consultants set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.worldbank.org
- Further information can be obtained from the address below and during workIng days and hours Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:00 GMT
- Lalaissa AMOUKOU
- Email: email@example.com
- WAHO or the WB will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by the individual consultant in connection with the preparation or delivery of the EOI.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts