Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > Job vacancy for a Software Engineering Team Lead at Babban Gona
Job vacancy for a Software Engineering Team Lead at Babban Gona
Aug 7, 2019, 12:06 PM
Babban Gona - Revolutionizing agriculture. With a vision to make 1 million smallholder farmer members more money by 2025, the Babban Gona agriculture franchise overcomes a key underlying structural problem that keeps them poor – low economies of scale. Nigerian based agricultural franchise utilizing a sustainable private sector model to provide cost-effective end-to-end services to a network of franchised farmer groups. They believe that everyone deserves a secure future, and to secure this future, we must END insecurity. They believe that to end insecurity, we must make smallholder farmer members more money. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Team Lead - Software Engineering Location: Nigeria About the Role As a Team Lead- Software Engineering you will:
- You will be developing robust mobile and web applications.
- You will work alongside other members of Babban Gona’s Product Development team and own technical delivery of projects.
- You will be primarily aimed at Android development.
- You will be also doing light web development and scripting.
- Manages a small team of developers to launch end-to-end products.
- Plans, designs, develops, tests, and maintains enterprise-level desktop-, web- and mobilebased applications.
- Designs solutions attending to both business and technical considerations Analyses user requirements, envisions system features and functionality.
- Collaborates with product managers, team leads and other software developers.
- Works closely with end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Works on bug fixes and improving application performance.
- Participates in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies
- You have 4+ years of experience in Software Development or an equivalent of education and experience .
- You have basic knowledge of software development life cycle (analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (Agile, Iterative Development, etc.)
- You have unit test and debugging skills
- You have the ability to develop Android apps using any framework desired.
- You have understanding of databases, with proficiency in SQL.
- You have the ability to build Microsoft Access data applications while using VBA and Macros.
- You have familiarity with build tools.
- You have mobile UI design experience
- You have basic understanding of data analysis in Excel
- You have Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or any other related field
- You have understanding of code versioning tools (Git).
- You are fluent in English
- You have a selfless desire to help
- You are driven to solve the problems of the farming community
- You can adapt to ever-changing processes
- A competitive salary and benefits is on offer which is negotiable.
- We will offer relocation assistance; happy to pay for a few extra bags on the plane.
- We are open to considering your buy-out; we know notice periods are long.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts