Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Job For Value Chain Market Research Consultant at Light Microfinance Bank Limited
Job For Value Chain Market Research Consultant at Light Microfinance Bank Limited
Aug 1, 2018, 2:41 PM
Light Microfinance Bank Limited is a State licensed Microfinance Bank located in Jos, Plateau State Capital. The Bank was incorporated on the 30th December 2011 and started operations on the 17th September 2012. Light Microfinance Bank presently operates from four locations; Yakubu Gowon Way, Zarmaganda-Rayfield Junction Jos Plateau State (Corporate Head Office) and branch offices located at No5, Noad Avenue Jos, Plateau State behind Central Bank of Nigeria Jos, Gindiri Mission Compound Schools Gate, Mangu/Tafawa Balewa Road Mangu and Meeting point at Kurgwi in Quan Pan Local Government Area in Plateau State. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Value Chain Market Research Consultant Location: Jos, Plateau Duration of Appointment: 20 days Objectives of the Assignment
- The overall goal of the assignment is to ascertain feasibility/viability of Poultry Value Chain in Nigeria and Plateau State, key risks and mitigants, and Light Microfinance Bank Limited’s capacity (human, structure, management information system, policies, etc) facilitate it and make appropriate recommendations needed to attain this dream in the bank’s capacity to scale up as well as facilitate agriculture financing in value chains.
- Submit a technical proposal that includes a work plan and budget for the entire assignment.
- Review the Institution’s environment as it relates to Poultry Farming (Stakeholders, Regulatory requirements, best practices, loan documentation, staff job descriptions, and other in-house tools).
- Hold interactive meetings with the Bank and its partners to understand the scope of the assignment, including local and global stakeholder expectations.
- Financial resources
- Products/services review/especially review of current Agric loan products, services and quality of agric. portfolio
- Management Information System
- External relations (clients and other stakeholders)
- Overview of the Agric. sector and poultry sub sector
- Analysis of poultry value chain
- Feasibility/viability/market assessment
- Facilitate focus group discussions with poultry farmers and stakeholders
- Proposed Value Chain enterprise solution
- Risk mitigation and resilience
- Staff capacity
- 10+ years consultancy experience in Agric Value Chain design, mapping and facilitation.
- Relevant experience in rural and urban agriculture value chain finance / Micro finance / Unsecured lending / Consumer banking or Consumer Finance operations
- Agribusiness Consultancy experience at the country wide sector level with preferable experience of the North Central Nigeria
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting
- Education: MSc or Doctorate Degree in Agriculture or Economics.
- The assignment is expected to take 20 working days. 15 days is expected to cover for the review and assessments and 4 days allocated for writing and submitting reports.
- A day will be allocated to making presentation of the research findings and report.
- Justification and relevancy of applicant’s ability to meet stated goals
- Approach to achieve completion of all outputs of the study
- Proposed methodology and examples of their application.
- Cost proposal including man days for preparation, implementation and report preparation; any additional resources needed.
- The consultant will be required to submit a copy of the report for a similar study conducted with reputable institutions/organizations.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts