Laboratory Specialist at the National AIDS, Viral Hepatitis and STIs Control Programme (Federal Ministry of Health)
The National AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections Control and Hepatitis Programme (NASCP) is a division of the Department of Public Health, in the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Health (FMH).
The concept of NASCP and its mandate is to coordinate the formulation and effective implementation of the Nigeria government policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures for the prevention of new HIV infections as well as improve on the existing treatment, care and support for those persons already infected and affected by the virus in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Specialist
This officer will work with other team members in the Laboratory component of NASCP, ensuring the overall management and coordination of laboratory services in line with the grant’s goals. S/he will provide support in ensuring the procurement and supply chain management system of laboratory commodities to reduce stock-outs, lower costs and eliminate wastage.
- Develop and implement training programmes and build capacity of laboratory staff both national and in the states.
- Establish and maintain quality assurance systems to ensure accurate and reliable testing, implementing SOPs, conducting proficiency tests, perform internal quality control, and participate in external quality assessment programmes
- Ensure availability of diagnostics services for HIV especially EID.
- Collaborating with other stakeholders in NASCP/SASCP and the PMU team in ensuring effective coordination of laboratory services in both national and states
- A first degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or a related discipline and a post graduate qualification in Lab sciences with a minimum of 7 years post NYSC
- A current certificate from the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN)
- He/she should have a good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details, proficiency in laboratory techniques and procedures
- Have a strong understanding of laboratory protocol
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work with team members
- Ensure the availability of laboratory supplies, reagents and equipment.
- Develop procurement plans, monitor stock levels, and manage inventory to prevent stockouts during the period of the grant
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting laboratory data as required by the grant
Contracting & Accountability:
- The officer will be accountable to the Head Laboratory.
- S/he will be paid competitive fees for the agreed duration based on qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th December, 2023.