Laboratory Technician at International Breweries Plc
International Breweries Plc - Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Ref No: 30017161
Loaction: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type:Full time
- The key purpose of this role is to define, develop and implement optimal brewery wide quality standards and work practices to ensure compliance to packaging processes, food safety standards and product specifications.
Key Outputs and Responsibilities
- Carry out specialized and highly specialized quality analyses for which the shift-based teams are not responsible.
- Record the results of analyses on appropriate information systems and communicate results where required.
- Conduct analysis of results to identify problems and improvement opportunities timeously.
- Review quality analysis procedures of shift-based teams, identifying problems or training needs and communicating these to the team leader.
- Conduct regular audits of calibration procedures of shift-based production teams and communicating results.
- Conduct audits of analytic procedures to ensure compliance with COT guidelines, and identifying corrective actions required.
- Where required, initiate corrective actions coming out of the quality audits in areas that impact the laboratory.
- Support the shift-based production teams in problem solving, providing specialist assistance and techniques.
- Coach, mentor and assist shift-based production teams on problem solving and correct use of problem-solving techniques.
- Assist the shift-based teams in the execution of quality analysis, where required.
- Conduct calibration of specialist equipment for which the labs are responsible and provide calibration assistance to the shift-based teams where required
- Conduct required and requested quality audits, completing the appropriate documentation and communicating the results.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of HND / Bachelor's Degree in Laboratory, Biochemistry or other related Courses
- 1 year on the job training, SKAP Completed.
Traits & Competences Required:
- Prepared to work shifts
- The main role is to apply core competencies to achieve optimum plant and process performance.
- A team player (prepared to communicate, listen and assist).
- Initiative and energy.
- Achievement Drive (improvement, do better than standard or what was done previously, be the best).
- Manage a process area according to VPO principles and standards
- A logical, analytical problem solver who can operate in an unstructured environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
- We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional / relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
- In accordance with AB InBev duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe for of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations, we require all new appointments to be vaccinated as a condition of employment at our company
Application Deadline 17th June, 2022.