Lamination Operator at Veepee Industries Limited
Veepee Group is the pioneer manufacturer of flexible packaging materials and corrugated paper products in Nigeria established its manufacturing facilities at Sango Ota in Ogun State, Nigeria in 1975. The first company, Veepee Industries Limited started its production with the polyethylene extrusion, printing, cutting and packaging industry to go through a revolution. This consumer revolution paved the way for Veepee to enter into a complete range of products and solutions in the Flexible Packaging industry including, Printing, Corrugated paper products, Printing cylinder engravings, Printing Inks & Resins, etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lamination Operator
Location: Sango-Ota, Ogun
Employment Type: Contract
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Identifies and ensures that proper materials are used for production.
- Ensures mistakes are not made and materials match as necessary.
- Manages pre-run testing of the material to ensure the correct coding weights and bond strength are applied
- Runs the proper amount of material/footage to the job order.
- Completes proper checking of production and material.
- Prepares for production at the end of each day for the following day.
- Follow equipment and workplace cleaning/sanitation procedures, to complete Sanitation checklist
- Check first, middle and last piece conformance to specifications.
- Enter data into Microsoft Dynamics Floorshop Module
- Perform daily and periodic preventative maintenance duties specified for assigned machines/equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of machines/equipment and adjacent work area to AIB standards.
- Report quality issues to Production Manager for analysis and/or remedy
- Report all Food Safety Violations to management.
- Correctly build up production orders and doctor blade assemblies.
- Perform all required quality checks prior to producing all production orders to ensure a product can be processed at the next stage of the manufacturing process.
- Load and unload material from the laminators using defined equipment.
- Install/remove laminator sleeves as required for each production order.
- Follow the production schedule as issued by production control.
- Set up & Operate specific Laminating Machine according to company laminating procedures and guidelines
- Apply proper adhesive and wind rolls according to specs.
- Job Order interpretation.
Non-Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Turns on auxiliary and other equipment as needed.
- Loads and unloads trucks as needed.
Experience and Education
- SSCE / O'Level preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in production, lamination and printing setting.
- Forklift operation.
- Ability to pass training tests/methods to become qualified on one or more alternative production machines such as slitting, pouching, and printing.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read rulers.
- Ability to read and understand gauges.
- Testing of equipment.
- Ability to use a micrometer.
- Ability to complete production related documentation on both computer and paper forms.
- Must have excellent team skills.
- Ability to take direction from several individuals.
- Ability to work additional overtime if required to get the job tasks completed.
- Self-motivated and ability to make decisions.
- Understanding of lamination process.
- Must have good communication skills both personal and via Email.
- Multiple machine qualifications preferred.
- Must have outstanding troubleshooting skills.
- Must have good judgment with decision making in regards to Safety and Quality.
- Mostly on the production floor.
- Handling of solventless adhesives and cleaning solvents.
- Some mandatory overtime.
- Safety glasses.
- Cleaning area daily to maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Occasional meetings in a professional office setting.
- Hearing protection.
- Cut resistant glove.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 19th October, 2022.