Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Recruitment / Consulting Company > Latest Job at Mctimothy Associates Consulting Limited for a Procurement Officer
Latest Job at Mctimothy Associates Consulting Limited for a Procurement Officer
Mar 21, 2019, 6:51 PM
Mctimothy Associates Consulting Limited - Our client is one of the leading services provider companies in the construction, general logistics and equipment lease and, oil & gas industries, who seek to engage the service of a highly competent professional. They are looking to fill the position below:
Job Title:Procurement Officer Location: Lagos Job Description
- To administer elements of the purchasing activity from material reacquisition to complete delivery to company store.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of all orders placed and transactions up to the receipt of goods.
- Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material or equipment.
- Find reliable sources to supply goods and services
- Contact suppliers to obtain information on price, quality and delivery capabilities for goods and services required.
- Estimate values according to knowledge of market price, checking previous item prices and quotations and preparing comparison sheet for approval.
- Determine method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Place orders for purchases and ensure proper follow-up for timely delivery.
- Procure capital items / consumables in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine source of problem and take corrective action.
- Co-ordinate for all Imports including getting all necessary documents for customs clearing liaising with clearing agent for customs clearing and handing over goods to stores section.
- Review requisitions to determine proper pricing and quality control
- Conduct / prepare periodic market survey / reports for price comparison
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a Procurement function in a similar organisation
- Minimum of Bachelor's/Master's Degree holder
- Member of relevant professional qualification e.g. Chartered institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Good organizational ability as well as ability to multitask.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Can coordinate & Relate effectively with other team members
- Can prepare various monthly reports.
Application Deadline: 26th March, 2019.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts