Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Latest Jobs at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited, 25th September 2019
Latest Jobs at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited, 25th September 2019
Sep 25, 2019, 9:53 PM
Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria's energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations. We are recruiting to fill the positions below: Job Title: Financial Reporting Accountant Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers Job Description
- Develop account reconciliations, journal entries, data compilation and analyses ensuring accuracy and timely delivery.
- Develop regular financial statements, prepare special projects and perform analysis for senior management.
- Design periodical, weekly, and quarterly sales reports and administer general ledger reconciliations.
- Analyze various operating outputs, manage project status schedules and evaluate it regularly.
- Maintain accuracy in all asset files, balance sheets and provide support to all work papers and bank account.
- Coordinate with various departments and perform variation analyses for all technical accounting problems to frame accounting policies, and develop annual capital expenditure budget.
- Manage schedule for all filing deadlines and assist to close all procedures and ensure compliance to procedural and reporting standards.
- Provide assistance to manage all ad hoc projects and assist management on all accounting activities.
- Develop and manage action plans and implement all quality, production standards.
- Perform troubleshoot on all financial reports, complete audits, identify trends to determine improvement plans.
- Administer and ensure achievement of all accounting financial and operational targets, and achieve organization and accounting objectives.
- Monitor all HR objectives on accounting, and evaluate job contributors and execute procedures and policies.
- Coordinate with departments and compile and review all financial information and prepare special reports and perform appropriate research.
- Perform accounting controls by executing policies and manage assigned balance sheet, perform account reconciliations and make necessary corrections.
- Analyze all proposed and existing legislation to avoid legal challenges in all financial reports.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related Business Degree preferred
- More than 7 years experience as a Financial reporting accountant, with 5 years in an EPCIC
- Experience in word processing, spreadsheets, accounting software and SAP.
- Project Accountants work closely with project managers to devise the budget, facilitate the billing process and perform cost assessments for a particular project or portfolio
- He is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Accounting Supervisor, as to your observations and actions taken.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Provide the accounts payables team member with advice on client billing, relative to consultant invoicing and reimbursable expenses. It is expected that the Biller maintain a continuous line of communication to clear any open issues.
- Work with the cash receipts team member to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
- Generate and distribute bi-monthly receivables reports and monthly profitability reports.
- Set up new projects, make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses, and open and close time classes in company system.
- Write off any uncollectible receivables, labor or expenses, as directed by the PIC.
- Review weekly time sheets, along with the accounting group.
- Monthly analyze the P & L accounts monthly,Prepare balance sheet account reconcilements, as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Prepare special project analyses for the PICs, PMs and others.
- Prepare local property and business tax returns.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Accounting Supervisor.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related Business Degree preferred.
- More than 10 years of billing and receivables, with at least 7 years in an EPCIC
- Experience in word processing, spreadsheets, accounting software and SAP
- Detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment.
- Other Relevant Certifications.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts