Learning & Development Analyst at the OPEC Fund for International Development
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Learning & Development Analyst
- The Learning & Development Analyst administers and coordinates a range of learning and development activities, in line with the existing HR strategy and policies, to enhance the skills and competencies of the OPEC Fund employees to meet their business requirements.
- This position is crucial to the delivery of quality learning opportunities for employees at all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
Training Needs Analysis:
- Conducts organization-wide training needs analysis and identifies skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Maps out annual training plans for departments/units.
- Establishes a yearly training calendar with a mix of in-house, external and online training opportunities.
- Creates an Individual Development Plan for selected employees, as needed.
Learning & Development Program Delivery:
- Maps out training plans and schedules and assists in developing training programs for training & development programs.
- Uses best practice education principles and stays up-to-date on new training methods and techniques.
- Assesses training effectiveness and determines the impact of training on employee skills and L&D related KPIs.
- Maintains an updated curriculum database and training records of training providers and vendors.
- Manages the online/eLearning platform to enable employees to conduct customized online training.
- Liaises with external training providers to obtain and finalize training offers.
- Coordinates leadership training for the senior management.
- Implements innovative talent development strategies and effective learning programs across the organization.
Stakeholder Management and Engagement:
- Gathers feedback from trainers and trainees after each educational session.
- Markets available training opportunities to employees and provides necessary information.
- Ensures effective communication networks are established and maintained with key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Partners with internal stakeholders and liaises with experts regarding instructional design.
- Hosts train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts.
- Researches and recommends new training methods.
- Organizes forums to enable recent trainees to deliver presentations on the training they attended.
- Follows up with trainees to ensure that the knowledge acquired through training programs is being utilized at work.
- Manages and maintains in-house training facilities and equipment.
- Ensures that Back-To-Office Reports are provided by all employees after external missions /trainings.
- Conducts employee engagement activities such as the annual service award, administration of the excellence award and other activities, as needed.
- Showcases employee learning achievements on the Intranet.
Organizational Health Index (OHI):
- Runs a biennial survey (once every two years) to assess the OHI of the OPEC Fund.
- Assists the Head, HR Policies & Development in the development of a competency framework and skill bank for the organization.
- Carries out other tasks assigned by the HR Director and Head, HR Policies & Development.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Human Resource Management or respective studies is required. A trainer/eLearning certificate would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience is required. Experience from an international development institution is preferable (2 – 3 years).
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of Arabic, German, Spanish, or French is an added advantage.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Demonstrable skills in cultivating and maintaining relationships across jobs, industries, personality types as well as with internal and external stakeholders such as training providers.
- Ability to work in an international environment, with sensitivity and respect for diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Experience in the preparation and delivery of presentations to stakeholders at various organizational levels.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally across the entire organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply