Logistics Assistant at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Headquartered in New York City, the status of UNDP is that of an executive board within the United Nations General Assembly. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states. The organization operates in 177 countries, where it works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Job Identification: 13738
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Schedule: Full time
Vacancy Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- The Logistic Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and Projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
- The Logistics Assistant is needed to ensure efficient delivery of services to UNDP CO and other high-ranking UN Officials and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, high sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in implementation of operational strategies.
- Provides efficient logistic support.
- Assist in efficient liaison support to CO.
- Assist in efficient document management service.
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with LIN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plans.
Ensures efficient Logistics support , focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Coordination of transportation services, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and certifying of vehicle daily log and gas consumption* update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Prompt reporting and investigation of cases of vehicle accidents, loss or theft of items.
- Provides logistical support to incoming missions, medical evacuations, and to conferences/workshops and seminars;
- Interacts with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Main Department -for Immigration Service & Nationality Affairs, Airports Authority and other national authorities to obtain various clearances and authorizations.
- Works in close coordination with all Units within Operations, Programme, Projects and other UN agencies to ensure smooth flow of events.
Assists in the efficient liaison support to the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assists in overseeing all protocol issues with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA);
- Liaises and follows up with diplomatic and consular services on issuance of visa;
- Liaises and follows up with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Main Department for Immigration & Nationality Affairs on all new policy circulars or revisions on privileges and immunities;
- Liaises with Airport Authority to secure appropriate protocol services;
- Follows up on the registration of motor vehicles of UNDP as well as privately owned motor vehicles of UN International Staff.
- Arranges for the processing of residence permits and certifying of Driving Licenses for International Staff and their dependents.
- Assists in the prompt clearance of UNDP consignments and shipments of personal effects of UN personnel;
Assist in efficient document management service focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Drafts correspondence on protocol matters and guides CO and other resident and non-resident agencies on appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines when communicating with government and other external partners;
- Tracks the expiry dates of documents and visas;
- Actively undertakes cost recovery and ensures timely settlement of accounts by clients and projects for services provided.
- Conducts briefing for staff on their diplomatic privileges and immunities in Nigeria;
- Guides staff on completing relevant host country applications, governing privileges and immunities;
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assists in the training of staff on administrative procedures of UNDP
- Briefing/Debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- 5 years of relevant experience in Logistics Administration.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems,
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Local language of the duty station.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th October, 2023.