Logistics Site Manager 1 at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Site Manager 1
Job ID: ABJ202100211
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the supervision of the Head of Sub Delegation, Logistics Site Manager 1 is in charge of logistics activities within a Sub- delegation (SD).
- S/he ensures that logistics systems are in place and operational and provides technical and operational support for purchasing, warehousing, stock management, import-export activities and statistics, in accordance with the ICRC’s logistics standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Is responsible for implementing logistics procedures on-site in accordance with financial procedures and the logistics strategy for the country.
- Maintains and ensures proper use of general and specialized logistics IT tools.
- Supervises the work of the purchaser including drafting and filing of ICRC PO or Purchase Contract for the selected supplier, market assessment, etc.
- Oversees fleet management, transport and distribution activities.
- Supervises the Car dispatcher and Mechanic. Ensures replacement mechanism during their absences.
- Ensures Maximum fleet efficiency and effectiveness through planned resource allocation and maintenance with the fleet in Abuja.
- Supervises dispatch of ICRC goods with Carpool and/or commercial transport companies.
- Sets up, operates and manages the rented warehouse and stock inventory.
- Oversees and coordinates statistical reporting, queries and inventories.
- Manages supply-chain requests and ensures they are treated in a timely fashion; supervises customer desk service and carries out related reporting
- Ensures that purchasing is carried out in accordance with ICRC standards, is auditable and fully transparent and is carried out to the satisfaction of the requesting department.
- Plans and oversees procurement activities (purchase orders, supplier files, sourcing, etc.).
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years work experience, preferably in commercial, military or humanitarian logistics, including management experience.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Excellent computer proficiency.
- Desired profile and skills
Skilled in the following competencies:
- Adapting, Learning, Responsibility and Autonomy;
- Honest & Trustworthy
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures
- Needs flexibility and team playing within and out with the logistics department.
- Negotiation, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
- Good knowledge of the local market
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter and NYSC Certificate to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “ABJ202100211 Logistics Site Manager 1 POH"” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience.
Application Deadline 8th September, 2021.