Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Maintenance Supervisor - Electrical Job at Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited
Maintenance Supervisor - Electrical Job at Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited
Jul 8, 2019, 12:28 PM
Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. We are recruiting to fill the position of: Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor - Electrical Location: Calabar, Cross Rivers Responsibilities
- Inspect completed work to ensure that repairs have been completed correctly and that machinery and equipment conform to specifications and safety standards.
- Coach and mentor maintenance staff and assist them to diagnose more complex problems with machinery or equipment problems.
- Develop the maintenance working routines at the plant.
- Prioritize and assign tasks so that assigned team resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Responsible for all activities related to the maintenance management of the 50DF engine power plant like:
- Coordinate daily electrical and automation maintenance activities at the plant and/or assigned team.
- Ensure that the performance targets of the plant are reached according to the contract in own responsibility area.
- Train maintenance procedures and standards for the new workers.
- Monitor the condition of maintenance equipment, materials, parts and tools and ensure those are maintained according to applicable
- guidelines and policies and take corrective actions when needed.
- Ensure that the work is executed at plant according to Wärtsilä Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures as well as assigned maintenance plan.
- Customer focus and service mind-set also in tough situations is natural to you and the business, market and customer understanding enables you to create and develop customer relationships with long term thinking.
- Wärtsilä power plant knowledge
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning skills
- Team player attitude internally and externally
- Entrepreneurial drive with hunter mind-set
- Good experience on power plant project sales, power project development and Operation and Maintenance total solutions experience
- BEng/BTech in Electrical Engineering
- Languages: English
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts