Malaria Data Repository Manager Job at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH), 12th June, 2019
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Malaria Data Repository Manager
Job ID: 13-10681
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A576 - PMI - S
Reports To: Head of M & E branch in NMEP; with dotted reporting lines to PMIS Project Director and Senior M & E Advisor in MSH.
PMI-S will target eight states of Nigeria, namely: Akwa Ibom, Benue, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Nassarawa, Oyo, Plateau and Zamfara.
- The Presidents Malaria Initiative for States (PMI-S) is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by the Management Sciences for Health (MSH). The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, Local Government (LGA) and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention. PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- The non-availability of a mechanism for an integrated malaria data analysis and automated generation of customized outputs has hindered stakeholder’s use of data for decision-making. Integrated malaria data repository will effectively support documentation and update data timely and accurately, as well as draw up for our donors and stakeholders, timely reports. Also, the analytics from the repository will generate bulletin to improve efficiency and simplify communication to stakeholders and increase the coverage of target audience, help maintain contact with NMEP and prospects between Health sectors or Partners, to promote implementation guidelines and services or launch new guidelines, including information on special offers, helps reinforce effective strategies and promotional campaigns.
- The objective is to develop a platform that can validate, store, maintain and reproduce all malaria data; automated generation of routine malaria bulletins and dashboard and automated alert system to track sudden change in cases that will strengthen response systems.
Deliverables and Timelines
- Lead the preparation of, progress reports, annual reports, project completion report and other reports that may be required by the stakeholders.
- Manage both external and internal communication.
- Represent the PMU and the project in general to national and international audiences in-country and internationally.
- Accountable for the day-to-day activities of the NMDR project as well as collaborating with relevant stakeholders to ensure timely implementation.
- Lead the development of annual work plans and budgets and present to the PSC for approval.
- Lead the building and implementing of the detailed concept and approaches as part of the overall framework and methodology of POP's project.
- Lead the development of work plans, workshops and periodical work sessions and meetings for the unit and hold orientation seminar for team members from the project to clarify the project's objective and methodology.
- Be accountable for managing the scope, time and budget of the project and in particular defined formal change management process to identify and address change requests: prioritization, impacts, acceptance/rejection.
- Overall supervision of project activities and arrange for public consultations as required.
- Participate as non-decision-making member in the Project Steering Committee (PSC) and serve as secretary of the committee.
- Develop a project plan that describes how the project will be executed with clear deliverables and timelines
- One month after contract signing
- Provide regular progress update on project implementation to NMEP and PMI-S project
- Develop detailed specifications, technical design, infrastructure documentation, security requirements, data quality requirements, risk registry, issue registry, change registry, test scenarios, test results, and update them regularly, as the case may be
- Two months after contract signing
- Develop NMDR administration manual, conduct user training and user documentation
Qualifications and Experience
- Three months after contract signing and continues until end of contract
How to Apply
- Effective interpersonal, management and negotiation skills proven through successful interaction with stakeholders, including senior government officials, regional/local authorities, experts and NGOs/communities
- Demonstrated ability in team management and collaboration.
- Fluency in English.
- Computer literacy.
- University Degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Computer Engineering. A Master's Degree will be advantage.
- At least 5 years of project management experience and at least 3 years of work experience in IT management projects.
- Certified in recognized project management methodology (e.g, Prince2, PMI).
- Proven experience and technical ability to manage a large project.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
14th June, 2019.
Recruitment for this job position is contingent upon receiving funding and donor approval.