Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Marine HSE Specialist at Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group
Marine HSE Specialist at Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group
Mar 19, 2020, 12:28 PM
Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group is an international investment and holding company with over three decades in building sustainable businesses in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), agriculture, agro-allied, healthcare, chemicals, real estate and oil and gas in 12 countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin, Morocco, UAE, India, South Africa, China etc. with an over 9,000 multicultural workforce.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Marine HSE Specialist Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- They will ensure the right policies and standards are in place and adhered to by all stakeholders.
- The Marine HSE Specialist will support our highly efficient marine operations which includes trawling operations; fish and shrimp processing; construction of barges; dry docking for maintenance, repairs and overhaul of trawlers, supply boats and barges.
- Gather, analyse and report HSE data
- Co-ordinate the investigation of Industrial accidents, near misses, injuries or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures as well as observe trends
- Co-ordinate responses to emergencies involving health, safety and environment
- Attend Management review meetings of HSE system review and update of the site HSE management system
- Monitor, enforce and evaluate the compliance level of contractors and sub-contractors to TGI Group HSE Management system
- Ensure compliance to applicable legal and other HSE requirements
- Perform HSE audits and Inspects vessels, machinery and equipment to identify and correct potential hazards
- Supervise the implementation of safe work procedures as applicable to vessel operation as well as TGI group HSE standards
- Coordinate risk assessment of all marine operations
- Conduct drills such as fire drills to test equipment and make certain staff are aware of what to do in an emergency
- Regularly plan and conduct safety tool box meetings, plan and facilitate HSE induction and awareness trainings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Problem solving, organisational and planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively learn new knowledge and skills
- Bachelor's degree in Sciences, Social Science or Engineering
- Experience in Marine operation and related HSE regulations
- Ability to think critically and speak publicly
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to work in fast paced environments
- High level of integrity and discretion
- Attention to detail
- Ability to introduce and implement HSE programs and initiatives
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts