Matron at Lagoon Hospitals
Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards in Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with six healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Matron
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Matron and Consultants in charge
Supervises: Nursing sisters, Staff Nurses and Ward assistants
- This role is responsible for coordinating and supervising the activities of Nursing staff towards restoring and sustaining patient's wellbeing. This role is available in our Ikoyi facility.
- Coordination and supervision of the activities of nurses and nurse assistants.
- Oversee admission and discharge of patients in the wards.
- Ensuring adequate documentation and maintenance of patient’s records.
- Providing information and health education to patients and their attendants
- Maintaining ethical decisions related to consent and confidentiality
- Prompt incidence reporting and management of patients’ grievances
- Training and mentoring of new nurses
- Performing procedures such as taking of medical histories & vital signs with necessary follow up wound dressing, administering medications and providing other assistance needed.
- Responsible for performance and discipline among the nursing staff.
- Ensuring reduction in customer/patient complaints
- Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies / adherence to quality standards.
Key Result Areas/ Performance Goals:
- Adequate documentation of nursing care plan
- Triage / Nursing care assessment
- Incidence reporting and adequate documentation
- Use of SOPS / adherence to quality standards.
- Reduction in customer/patient complaint
- Reduced mortality and morbidity rate
- RN, RM / B.Sc. Nursing Science
- Diploma in any other nursing specialty or hospital administration is an added advantage.
- 6 – 10 years clinical experience with 4+ years leading a Nursing team.
- Basic Life Support skills
- Mentoring and leadership skills
- Attention to details and empathetic
- Good interpersonal and communication Skills
- Ability to handle stress and crisis situations.
- Organization and training skills
- Multitasking and team building
- I CARE attitude
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply